All reviews breakfast buffet rolling hills outdoor pool a great place to stay great price lounge lions dog freeway soaps portland chain
Reviewed 31 August 2018

The suite was DIRTY (capital letters intended) the bathroom door did not shut. we changed to 2 rooms with ajoining door..Rooms were better, but the smell was straight out of a sewer..The front desk said no food available. we found the restaraunt was open, after we went down the road to Shari's. We were gathered to meet family we enjoyed that but the motel was a bust.

Room tip: check out the hotels and motels down the road.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Cheryl M, Director of Sales at Red Lion Hotel Pendleton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Thank you very much for choosing the Red Lion. I was sorry to see that our Parlor Suite was not in functioning order and that you had to be moved and found that area not to be desirable. We are a full service hotel with our restaurant open from 6 am - 1 pm and
4 pm - 9pm daily and our lounge is open from 4 pm - 9 pm and on weekends until 10 pm. My apologies for our staff not communicating on a more professionall level. Thank you for letting us know so we know how to correct it.

Reviewed 22 August 2018

The location is outstanding and has a wonderful view. The hotel is well arranged and the layout of the rooms is excellent. However, we had a few issues, mainly that the air conditioning is impossible to control and we were uncomfortably chilly. I was also unhappy that the desk chair was duct taped together and should have been replaced. We have stayed here many times, but it seems the quality is, sadly, going downhill.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Cheryl M, Director of Sales at Red Lion Hotel Pendleton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Thank you for your trust and support of the Red Lion. I was sorry to see that you had AC problems. Our guestrooms are individually controlled and at times can be tricky to get just right. I was hoping that you were able to give me your room number so I can view the desk chair with the duct tape. Thank you for letting us know.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Brief, comfortable stay in Pendleton. The room had a comfortable bed. We were greeted by a friendly receptionist. Room drapes and chair could use updating. The view from the room was beautiful. Room amenities were adequate.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Cheryl M, Director of Sales at Red Lion Hotel Pendleton, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

Thank you for your recent stay and time to write a review. I was delighted to see you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your comments in regards to our decor. We try and make upgrades wheneven possible. We look forward to being of service to you on your next visit to the Pendleto area.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Red Lion in Pendleton for one night. As soon as we checked In the woman who was working the front desk did not appear to know what she was doing and she was not friendly at all. She made us uncomfortable because she kept making odd faces at her computer screen, as well as twitching non stop as if there was a problem with our reservation. After we checked into our room we went had dinner at the Casino’s Buffett (which was amazing) we then came back to see the pool was already closed so we went to shower and watch a movie. There was hair in the shower, gross! & when my boyfriend and I briefly took our shoes off the carpet was STICKY. Finally we climb into bed only to realize our tv remote doesn’t work and is stuck on one channel. We call the front desk and room service 3 times in an hour and no one answers. So I get dressed and walk to the front desk and tell her my issues. She hands us a remote and I get back only to realize that doesn’t work either so it must be an issue with the TV. We give up at this point and just go to sleep. I check out In the morning and the same clueless lady is working and then tells me my total is almost $20.00 more than the amount I agreed upon and signed with my check In paper work the night before. Overall, extremely disappointing experience and not worth the money. We were under the impression red lions were decent hotels. This one was dirty, the staff is terrible and I think everyone at the front desk might be on drugs.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Cheryl M, Director of Sales at Red Lion Hotel Pendleton, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Thank you for your recent stay at the Red Lion. It is comments like yours that helps us to know when we have failed and where we need to improve. I will be addressing your issues with the lack of cleanliness of your guestroom with our housekeeping department and customer service from our front desk staff with our front desk supervisor. Thank you for letting us know.

Reviewed 4 August 2018

Billed my card again for stay 3 months after visit. When we checked out they also tried billing me for bar charges and I never even stepped foot in the bar. Rooms were ok but not for double the price. Gal who answered phone did not know when they would be able to get back to me and no manager available to speak with. I don't know about anyone else but it is a shock when checking my bank account and it is almost $200 less then what it is supposed to be.

Date of stay: May 2018
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for alerting us of our billing error. I hope you had left a message with a return phone number so we can get his taken care of for you.