All reviews howard johnson indian restaurant room was clean an older hotel stay there again quick stop fridge and microwave river walk pleasant surprise waffles free breakfast we've stayed coffee maker road trip andrea das clay
Reviewed 4 September 2017

I stayed here for a night on a drive across the country. The room was comfortable, from the beds to the water pressure and the temperature. The walls were a little thin at times, but that was not a problem. The location was great, as it was an easy walk (or drive) to restaurants and bars, and we appreciated the advice about places to try when we asked during check-in.

The only downside was, after having read some reviews online about bookings being lost or cancelled, I was a little nervous and wanted to have a confirmation from the hotel in addition to the third-party we booked through. It took repeated calls over a few days to get any kind of confirmation (lots of: I'm looking, or, I'll get back to you) but in the end the reservation was solid and our room was there! I think I was just a little worried by a couple negative reviews, and I'm glad I ignored them and booked anyway.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Great location in the heart of old Pendleton near Western shops, brewery, restaurants and the river. Clean, very comfortable beds, nicely decorated. Great wifi and lots of tv channel choices. Helpful staff and owner. Very reasonable rates for the accommodations. I will definitely put this place on my return visit stay list.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

The room was clean and spacious with free parking right outside my door. The towel rack in the bathroom was broken, but not a big deal.

The biggest hassle was wi-fi. It was essentially non- existent at first (0.22 mbps download and 0.00 mbps upload). The owners said the signal should be "strong", but after the desk clerk said it was fixed it was still very slow and glitchy with frequent pauses while trying to watch Netflix.

If that issue gets resolved, I'd give an overall 4 star rating for comfort, cleanliness and value.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 August 2017

Stopped for the night . Hotel is older but has updated rooms and comfortable beds. Location is great right downtown next to a brewery and bar across the street. Breakfast provided with quick, simple fixings--we may have come too late. Cereal/fruit/coffee available as well as waffle maker. Hotel owners are very nice and greeted us with life advice that is on their business cards: "There is beauty in everything...when you change the way you look at the things, the things you look at change".

Room Tip: we enjoyed the king bed with Jacuzzi tub
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Clean and in a very good location, with a great owner who cares, this is a good place for the budget minded. We strolled the old downtown, and slept like babies. We expect this place to get better with time and plan to stop here when next in Pendleton.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple