“Great beds, some noise, and interesting reception”

The Marigold Hotel - Downtown Pendleton
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Pendleton
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Booked this hotel on Expedia. I knew we would arrive late and wouldn't be able to enjoy most of the amenities, therefore I selected this place based mostly on price. Had a warm welcome from the wife. I was put out by the owner Surya explaining that we got a fabulous price, as almost all the other hotels in Pendleton were sold out, and were going for at least $189/night. I knew this, as I had booked the Marigold simply because it was the only hotel with good reviews at that price point, that wasn't already booked. Not sure why he felt it was necessary to stress this, as it was late and I am sure it was noticeable that I was exhausted...not to mention my kids waiting in the car. It made me glad I had paid in advance.
As for the room, it was clean, basic, and more of a motel than hotel. The best part of this place is the beds--they were fantastic. We were in an outer facing room, so you could hear traffic and other guests as they went by. An inner facing room would probably be a lot quieter. We left early so we didn't take advantage of the basic breakfast. I was fine with the price I paid for the night, but would never pay the amount the owner mentioned upon arrival.

Room Tip: An inner facing room to avoid traffic noise
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Inspirational1s, Owner at The Marigold Hotel - Downtown Pendleton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Thank you for the review, sorry if you misunderstood what my husband was trying to convey. Sometimes it's hard for people to get his meaning with his accent. He was conveying that we don't price gouge our guests as most hotels were charging $189 you got an awesome rate and thank you for choosing to stay with us.
Thank you for enjoying our new beds, we want to make sure you get a great rest as this is the purpose of a hotel. If you come again please mention to us that you would like an inside room. We would be happy to arrange this.
We hope you travel safe and when you travel to Pendleton you choose The Marigold Hotel for your lodging needs.
Andrea Das
Owner

Reviewed 28 July 2017

New beds were nice. We were in an interior court room and not sure whether the exterior court rooms would be as quiet. We didn't use the indoor garage, but can see it would be good in winter. Rooms had sink outside the bath, which is a plus, plus both microwave and fridge, which I need. A real plus was USB plugs for recharging devices. The proprietor was very helpful. The free breakfast was adequate, if a little skimpy.

Room Tip: You can request an interior court room where your room does not face the street.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your nice review Diane, We are glad you enjoyed the new beds. and other amenities. We added the extra plugs with USB charging for your convenience and we are happy you found them useful. I know I would enjoy this when I stay in a hotel.
We hope you have safe travels and we hope to have the change to serve you in the future.

Andrea and Surya Das
Owners

Reviewed 26 July 2017

The customer service was remarkable and the owner, Surya couldn't have been nicer. Just a few minutes after booking our room on-line I received a very welcome phone call from Surya just making sure we were traveling safe and that he was looking forward to our visit. Even though when we arrived at the hotel we were in the middle of Pendleton's bike week, we never noticed any noise from the group also staying at the hotel and had a great nights sleep. Our room was clean and recently updated with plenty of free parking and free Wi-Fi, which worked great! Pet-friendly too. I can't say enough about the owners who genuinely care about all their guests. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the great review. We really do care about our guests, your comfort is our priority. We treat our guests like family and if we fail to provide you with a great rest then we failed in our service.
We are there to serve our guests needs anytime, we are glad you had a great nights sleep, especially since it was bike week. We look forward to having you stay with us again and having the opportunity to once again provide you with excellent service.
Andrea and Surya Das
Owners :-)

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

I really am enjoying my stay here! The staff is all really friendly:) I really have no complaints. The price was great and my room was nice:) also love how its downtown and you can just walk places. I would definitely stay here again:)

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you Josh and Kelli for taking time to write some feedback regarding your stay. :-) I like the smiles, and we are happy you enjoyed your stay. We look for to seeing you again in the future. You should know that there is a place on this planet where you ( our guest ) comes first not money. That you have a second home here in Pendleton at The Marigold Hotel.
Travel safe and we will see you again.
Surya and Andrea Das
Owners

Reviewed 17 July 2017

My family and I stayed at the Marigold Hotel while in Pendleton for the Whisky Music Festival. Suriya, the owner, made us feel very welcome upon check in. Our two rooms were ready for early check in, and he wanted us to feel like family. The complimentary continental breakfast was great - waffles and cereal. The coffee tasted like it had cinnamon added, which was delicious! The only recommendation I have for the owner would be to steam clean the chairs in the rooms. Both of our rooms had chairs with stains on them. But, beds were very comfy, rooms were very clean, we enjoyed our time! Thank you, Suriya!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family