All reviews howard johnson new owners indian restaurant room was clean an older hotel stay there again continental breakfast quick stop the river walk fridge and microwave pleasant surprise waffles we've stayed coffee maker road trip andrea clay
Reviewed 28 July 2017

New beds were nice. We were in an interior court room and not sure whether the exterior court rooms would be as quiet. We didn't use the indoor garage, but can see it would be good in winter. Rooms had sink outside the bath, which is a plus, plus both microwave and fridge, which I need. A real plus was USB plugs for recharging devices. The proprietor was very helpful. The free breakfast was adequate, if a little skimpy.

Room Tip: You can request an interior court room where your room does not face the street.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Inspirational1s, Owner at The Marigold Hotel - Downtown Pendleton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Thank you for your nice review Diane, We are glad you enjoyed the new beds. and other amenities. We added the extra plugs with USB charging for your convenience and we are happy you found them useful. I know I would enjoy this when I stay in a hotel.
We hope you have safe travels and we hope to have the change to serve you in the future.

Andrea and Surya Das

Reviewed 26 July 2017

The customer service was remarkable and the owner, Surya couldn't have been nicer. Just a few minutes after booking our room on-line I received a very welcome phone call from Surya just making sure we were traveling safe and that he was looking forward to our visit. Even though when we arrived at the hotel we were in the middle of Pendleton's bike week, we never noticed any noise from the group also staying at the hotel and had a great nights sleep. Our room was clean and recently updated with plenty of free parking and free Wi-Fi, which worked great! Pet-friendly too. I can't say enough about the owners who genuinely care about all their guests. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the great review. We really do care about our guests, your comfort is our priority. We treat our guests like family and if we fail to provide you with a great rest then we failed in our service.
We are there to serve our guests needs anytime, we are glad you had a great nights sleep, especially since it was bike week. We look forward to having you stay with us again and having the opportunity to once again provide you with excellent service.
Andrea and Surya Das
Owners :-)

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

I really am enjoying my stay here! The staff is all really friendly:) I really have no complaints. The price was great and my room was nice:) also love how its downtown and you can just walk places. I would definitely stay here again:)

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you Josh and Kelli for taking time to write some feedback regarding your stay. :-) I like the smiles, and we are happy you enjoyed your stay. We look for to seeing you again in the future. You should know that there is a place on this planet where you ( our guest ) comes first not money. That you have a second home here in Pendleton at The Marigold Hotel.
Travel safe and we will see you again.
Surya and Andrea Das

Reviewed 17 July 2017

My family and I stayed at the Marigold Hotel while in Pendleton for the Whisky Music Festival. Suriya, the owner, made us feel very welcome upon check in. Our two rooms were ready for early check in, and he wanted us to feel like family. The complimentary continental breakfast was great - waffles and cereal. The coffee tasted like it had cinnamon added, which was delicious! The only recommendation I have for the owner would be to steam clean the chairs in the rooms. Both of our rooms had chairs with stains on them. But, beds were very comfy, rooms were very clean, we enjoyed our time! Thank you, Suriya!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

If there was a ZERO star option I'd check that because after this hotel refused to even acknowledge the confirmation number they gave us when the room was booked by telephone 6 months before our trip we were forced to scramble for lodging in Pendleton elsewhere.

I see two possibilities here:

1. The confusion in the property's change in ownership really did cause them to "lose track of" their bookings, though I still don't see why a seven digit confirmation number just disappears, or...

2. The owners decided that with the Pendleton Whisky Music Fest in town they could charge WAY more money than the $89 rate we were given, along with our confirmation number. This notion was prompted by the front desk person who informed me during one of my phone conversations that our $89 room (the one we never got to see) was going for $189 for that weekend. In other words, IF our reservation was intentionally nuked the establishment gained $400 in the process ($100 night difference x the two rooms we booked x the two nights we'd have stayed there).

So, in closing, I would just advise anyone looking to book rooms at this hotel to not rely on a confirmation number, even if the owner (who booked our rooms and gave out the confirmation number) assures you there is no email required and you're "all set". Get your agreement in writing and save yourself some major trouble. Caveat emptor, let the buyer beware!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Inspirational1s, Owner at The Marigold Hotel - Downtown Pendleton, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Let me clarify. You booked with Wyndham, the confirmation you have does not match our hotel confirmation numbers, we have a 5 digit confirmation number. We had no information on your room. We had multiple people calling because they wanted a room saying they had rooms with us when they didn't. Then calling back and saying I am sorry wrong hotel. WE HONORED this $89 dollar and even less than that rates that were actually booked with us as Howard Johnson. Included reward purchases and free night stay rooms. We did not charge anyone $189 like other hotels. We do not price gouge, we charge a fair rate. If you did not confirm your hotel I am sorry, if we are able, we accommodate guests who are in need.
All our guests who gave correct information, phone numbers, or email we have contacted to confirm their reservations. We did not cancel anyone's reservation to make more money. This is not right business practices. All guests who had reservations showed up and were happy. We called you to let you know we had a cancellation and could accommodate you even at the rate you mentioned. In that call you did not want to talk and said you had already taken care of the stay and had a room elsewhere.
This looks like an attempt to damage our business. I am sorry but we are honest and hardworking people. We go out of our way to help our guests. If you had a bad day or some frustration speak with the people instead of just writing false information online.

Have a great day. God Bless