“Hamburger Stop”

Hal's Hamburgers
Ranked #14 of 84 Restaurants in Pendleton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Hal's Hamburgers is out on the east side of town and have a reputation for good hamburgers and shakes. I recently had a hamburger with fries and a chocolate shake (they have quite a number of choices for shake flavors) . The meal was pretty good for a drive-in. I ordered the hamburger without their special sauce as I like mayo and mustard better. The burger was juicy and tasty and the fries that came with it were good as well. The shake had a very chocolate taste and, unlike some places I have ordered shakes, was well mixed despite the place being quite busy.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Dirty, and they seem to have forgotten how to wash their hands. I grew up eating here often. It's had it's ups and downs but these days the service is slow and Don't look in the cook station. Pass on this one. Drive on down and get a burger at The Prodigal.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 26 July 2017

We love to take our kids, nieces, nephews, etc. to get a twist cone in the summer time. They accommodate our size requests from baby to large. The food is always delicious and the fry sauce is the best I have ever had.

Be sure to stop in if you are coming through Pendleton!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 2 July 2017

Hi gang,
Saw Hal's Hamburgers on TripAdvisor and just had to check it out. Cowboy burger, medium tater tots and a large choc shake totaled $12 but it was very good. The only downside was the dipping sauces for "to go" orders were filled into small takeout cups and left out on a counter unrefrigerated on a 90 deg day. My sauce was warm when I got back to my room so I tossed it. Easy to fix this, people !!
Don't pass up eating here, just pass on the sauce ?? Good eats for everyone. They even post TripAdvisor reviews on the bulletin board !!!!
Rich

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Don't know why anyone would ever consider going to McDonalds, Burger King, or any of the other nasty chain places when you can come to Hal's! They have been in business since 1952 folks...1952! I'd say they know a thing or two about how to cook a burger since they have been serving up locals and travelers for over 65 years. When we take road trips, we always make a point to stop at quaint, mid-century eateries like this one...the food is generally better, you are supporting a local family, and it's just cool to envision all the families who would stop here when the summer road trip was starting to become popular in the 50s and 60s. The Cattleman's burger was delicious...fries were also yummy. We'll be sure to stop by again next time we are passing through the area!

Date of visit: June 2017

Been to Hal's Hamburgers? Share your experiences!