“Good beer, good food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 23 April 2018

Lunch: shared a sandwich so we could have onion rings, too. Beer selections were various and good. Ms Lemon was our wait person and she did the place proud. I wanted to come back for the Saturday night fun, but we were too tired. I definitely recommend the Prodigal Son.

1  Thank RJ56Mc

Reviewed 19 April 2018

Whenever we travel, my husband always likes to check out the breweries. He was sure Pendelton didn't have one, but I found The Prodigal Son. Food menu looked average, but beer looked great. He was not disappointed. However, we also ate dinner there and he decided to order their dinner special: Seafood Stew. Menu described it as " rich and creamy stew of clams, shrimp, calamari and scallops with golden potatoes, bacon and herbs" Stew came in lovely flat dish, but was so watery that he could barely get it on the spoon. It was a drinkable soup at best. It was not even possible to decipher any of the seafood since everything was chopped so small. At best the description should have been: Watery soup! Very disappointed.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were stuffed and satisfied after sharing a beer sampler, “cheezburger” with fries and sweet-sour cauliflower. Great customer service and happy family environment!

2  Thank Brixgirl
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Travelling through Pendleton Oregon, I was recommended to go to this restaurant by Rugged Country Motel… I was not disappointed! The craft beers are amazing, the food was wonderful, the service was impeccable ……thank you Cori and Jennifer!!! The place had a real funky feel, and would recommend this restaurant to any person travelling through Pendleton Oregon!!!

2  Thank Greg K
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Fried oyster sandwich, cheese burger with caramelized onions, house made chips and fries- all excellent! 5 oz beer flights for going on the road.

2  Thank Iris P