“Great Ambiance and Good Food, Fantastic whiskey!”

The Highland Stillhouse Pub
Ranked #5 of 126 Restaurants in Oregon City
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2018

My husband and I took my good friend here for dinner, it was a warm evening we ate out on the back patio and watched the sun go down. My friend and husband love good whiskey and they enjoyed several glasses. I had wine. The dinners were excellent and my friend a vegetarian especially liked hers. A lovely evening!

Reviewed 12 July 2018

We came here for lunch a while back and were very impressed. Some relatives were with us so we decided to take them here for dinner. It was a beautiful evening so we decided to try the outdoor patio. You can access it from the outside, but we were already inside so we had to go down a short hallway (kinda through the kitchen), up a narrow staircase, and through the upstairs dining areas. That part really strongly reminded me of pubs I had visited in England and Ireland -- I loved the authenticity of the cozy conversation and eating areas.

The patio/deck is quite pleasant -- parts can be reserved for private parties. It was very busy, and amazing to watch the servers scurry back and forth from the bar or the kitchen. We ordered traditional kinds of foods including Steak and Mushroom Pie (pretty much a tasty stew with a puff pastry on top), Corned Beef Pastie (which was wonderful), Forfar Bridie (like a pastie), Fish and Chips, and a huge Reuben Sandwich, with some appetizers of very tasty wings, fried mushrooms, and coconut prawns. We shared it all around and everything was VERY tasty!!

And there are still things on the menu we'd like to try (like the Shepherds Pie, etc.) and we'd like to hear the music, so we'll definitely come back. Thanks for a nice experience!

1  Thank Nocilantro52
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Service great and food great. Not to mention the great beer. Not to speak of the over 800 different whiskeys. The only con I think of is parking.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

I made a reservation for the deck for my parents 50th wedding anniversary. They live out of town and had never been to the Stillhouse. We arrived and they had given our table to someone else with my same name (first name). Instead of correcting this they seated us at the table down by the parking lot that is on a downhill slant. A table that was sitting level across the walkway from us did finally open up and they let us move to that one but I was pissed. It's not everyday you get to celebrate your parents 50th wedding anniversary.

Reviewed 29 June 2018

Very nice pub off of the beaten path. The outside area is a little sketchy and makes you think twice about stopping here. Don't let that keep you from going inside. The inside is warm and inviting and has that old Scottish bar vibe to it. There are plenty of drinks to be had, and plenty of beers to sample. The food is remarkably delicious. I had the Gristed Bronze Salmon and loved it. Others in our party had the fish and chips and said it was very good. One person in our party had the flat iron steak. He ordered it medium well, and it unfortunately came out well done. He was hungry so he didn't send it back and ate it anyway. He said it tasted good, but would have enjoyed it much better medium well. Will most certainly put this on our list of places to go to again the next time we go to Portland.