“Something smells fishy and I like it!”

Tony's Smokehouse & Cannery
Ranked #18 of 126 Restaurants in Oregon City
Reviewed 25 January 2018

My boyfriend and I have been on a seafood kick as in "I see food and I eat it". We were coming back from disc golf and drove passed Tony's. It's seafood, you can smell it before you hit the door. It's pretty neat inside. They have everything fish you can think of and they even have Candied salmon (don't knock it till you try it)

We ordered the Captain's Plate. It had two big fish fillet and criss cut fries, calamari, and really good dipping sauce. I personally have no idea about the coast of seafood but I kinda felt like the portions were smaller than the cost of the plate. I've ben the places on the Oregon coast and I'm pretty sure I take home a full box of leftovers. Again, I don't know if prices are effected father away from sea.

The inside was packed full of historical pictures and on one of the walls it have the Willamette flood records throughout the time of the building life time. I wish I had taken pictures but I think I didn't even have my phone on me. Boo.

They were clean and well staffed. Service was great and every one was very helpful. The food was ordered and then it came out no more than 5 minutes later. They had medium water cups and plenty of space for visitors. They even have outdoor seating when the wether is right.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 15 May 2017

Tony's is really like stepping back in time and experiencing Oregon City during a time when specialty markets reigned and supermarkets had yet to spread across the country. It is't quite right for this to be under Restaurant, though, they do cook delicious fresh seafood, I would put it under an actual attraction for anyone visiting Oregon City from out of town or even just from Portland. Paired with a trip to Spicer bros for some fresh produce and you have the makings of a great picnic or dinner.
If it gets busy the staff can get...I don't know, not quite polite, but, not rude either. I think it's just understandable in the circumstance.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 29 March 2017

Whenever we feel like splurging on fresh seafood, Tony's it is. Their salmon chowder is excellent. They have a nice wine selection. They get fresh fish every day.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 29 December 2016

The best fresh seafood selections in the Portland metro area. Fred Meyer used to have Tony's smoked salmon in their seafood selections but replaced with a Kroger generic lacking the freshness and smokey flavor Tonys smoked salmon deliver. Tonys is like visiting the Oregon coast to buy seafood selections without the drive. I highly recommend for fresh fish, crab, and about anything seafood from the Oregon coast waters.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 5 August 2016

Love Tony's! Wish they had a better restaurant. Here you order at the register, sometime you pick it up at the register yourself and sometimes they will bring it to your table. The plates, silverware, etc are paper. The tables outside are set up cute but disappointing to pay a good amount for the food to be served on paper. Its like it doesn't know if its fast food or fine dining and there lies my discontent with Tony's. The food is tasty and your taste buds and tummy will be happy.

Date of visit: June 2016