US$92
Economy Inn(Ontario)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$83
All reviewshi expresspancake makercinnamon rollsdvd playernice bathroombusiness centerturkey sausagenice hotelstopping placeen routewell taken carepool and hot tubmany optionsno refrigerator or microwavehot itemsroad tripbiscuits and gravy
Reviewed 5 October 2017

The first thing we noticed about this motel is that it is not on motel row. That it is across the freeway from where almost all of the motels, restaurants and shopping are located. But if you are heading south, this one is on the west side of the freeway and is back off the main road, near the bus station. We only found it because we were using Google maps.
On a Sunday night with the Military discount (my husband is a veteran), our bill was less than $100 before taxes. Check-in was swift and smooth with cookies in the lobby. We were in a 2 queen, 4th floor away from the freeway. Small room with no refrigerator or microwave. Plenty of plug-ins for our electronics, 2 on the night stand and 2 at the desk.
The internet was fast and uninterrupted. The TV worked great and they had a DVD player (didn't use it though).
The bathroom was large. Shower worked great. The lighting was a bit dim as there were sconces, one on each side of the mirror (I prefer overhead lighting).
This was our first night out on a 2 week trip, so I'm not sure if the beds were too hard and I just couldn't get comfortable or if it was just me, since I usually do not sleep well on my first night away from home. A nice touch at the Holiday Inn's are the monogramed pillows telling you which are "firm" or "soft".
We had the AC running all night, I like it on the cool side. It didn't have a constant fan and kept turning on and off. When it turned off you could hear trains and the room would heat up uncomfortably until it would turn on again, which didn't help with my sleep.
We didn't have the provided breakfast so I can not comment on it's quality. Nor did we use the pool or hot tub.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathleen S
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Check-in was done in a hurry as the two girls were obviously having their dinner at the table across from the front desk and they wanted to get back to eating as soon as possible. They were both "barking" at me simultaneously, one wanting me to swipe my credit card on one side of the counter, the other wanting me to fill out the form ... There was no IHG elite recognition and no offer of an upgrade.
The assigned standard 2-queen room was OK, the very usual HIE room, maybe a bit on the smaller side. The only real disappointment was the fact there was no micro and not even a mini fridge in the room. I would have to go back years in my memory to recall a HIE property with no in-room fridge.
They must have recently remodeled the breakfast room as it appeared new and shiny, maybe even stylish. However it was not very functional. Instead of chairs to eat breakfast by the tables they put in lounge chairs and sofas, some of the tables are very unstable with only the central supporting leg. This design also greatly reduces capacity. The whole place is designed more for socializing and lounging than for eating breakfast. But we managed.
They featured plenty of fresh made cookies in the late afternoon, which was a nice touch.
It was another good, average HIE stay, with nothing special to remember.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2017

The motel is just off the freeway and very nice, the girls that were behind the desk were really nice and helpful. The rooms were really clean, the pool and hot tub was very well taken care of and clean, although the pool floor was a little slick when wet,

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Very nice front desk staff, rooms were clean and spacious and the grounds were well cared for. My only complaint was that there is no mini fridge or microwave in the room. We were on a road trip and traveling with food so this was very inconvenient. Aside from that, it was very nice.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed staying here! The check in with Shelby was quick, friendly, and nice. The facility is new and clean, and the room was very nice and clean with upscale hygiene items. Visited the pool and hot tub, and they were excellent, the hot tub was a little hot… But not complaining too much about that. The breakfast was amazing with many hot items, and great selection in a great sunny window environment.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family