Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.comUS$165
Hotels.comUS$165
Expedia.comUS$165
eDreamsUS$165
PricelineUS$165
TripadvisorUS$165
All reviews crab dock crab cooking yaquina bay great view clams nice room love this place coffee maker condo deck sunset
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 December 2020

I typically don’t leave poor reviews but I had an exceptionally bad experience at the embarcadero. I would avoid staying here! I booked through Expedia a King Suite to sleep 3. The website for the embarcedo showed that King Suites could sleep 2-4 adults and expedia showed the same but that is not the case at all. Very misleading and I would NOT have booked if I had known.
They “upgraded” us to a room that fits our needs which matched the description of what I initially booked. Even though I requested a non smoking room there was cigarette butts all over the balcony. The room was outdated, run down and dirty, it had thin walls with loud dogs below us. To top it off there were no blankets on the bed so we had to request them and they brought them up in trash bags. I was tempted to sleep in my car. The front desk was extremely condescending and argumentative, especially the office manager. Please save your money and your vacation and stay somewhere nicer. Definitely not worth the price I payed.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Management response:Responded 2 February 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review the Embarcadero, we appreciate all feedback from our guests as it gives us both areas where we are exceeding expectations and areas to work on. We apologize your last stay with us was not to the level we pride ourselves on and we encourage you to reach out to our Hotel Manager to find a resolution for the Embarcadero to earn your continued business.
We are currently under new management and know that in time the Embarcadero will be the "place" to be in Newport again!

Reviewed 29 November 2020

My interpretation of the photos of the condos provided through various sources is that there are a few update condos and a bunch of dated, dirty, broke down poorly appointed condos. I wouldn’t stay here again unless I was guaranteed a particular unit, that had well documented photos/provisions and was owner managed.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Reviewed 11 November 2020

My family stay here for two nights from 11/1 to 11/3/2020 (Booking through Vacasa at Embarcadero, Newport Oregon). I could not expect more from this 3 stars hotel, and the place like trash). One thing I am very disappoint and upset that my daughter forgot her Nintendo Switch console, docking, and 10 games that she brought with her at the hotel when we checked out. The next day I had to drive back for over three hours to the hotel with my daughter in hope to retrieve the console because she saved all of her money for it. I did called to the hotel booking agency and she let me in the room to check since there was no guest in vacant at that time. The room has been cleaned, but I could not find our console. I called the agency again and asked her to contact the room owner (E225) to find out who was cleaned that room and she told me she could not do that and open a lost ticket on her system. It been three days of waiting for the good news from her, and today I got an email from her that she could not find it. My daughter cries every night because she feels guilty. And shame on you whoever takes it because we left a big tip in the room before we checked out. As for today, I assume that we lost it.

1  Thank knh750
Management response:Responded 2 February 2021

Thank you for reaching out, we are so sorry to hear your stay with the Embarcadero through Vacasa (not a business associated with the Embarcadero Hotel) was so disappointing and that your family suffered a loss of such a valuable item. We encourage you to reach out to the Hotel Manager (at the Embarcadero Hotel) for your next stay and we will make certain your family is well taken care of.

Reviewed 25 August 2020

Although this property has some nice and well cared for spaces, the last 2 we have had were very dated and worn. Also, neither had A/C and both had serious limits with the wi-fi not connecting and with phone calls from smartphones not going out. Our view was minimized by bars that come across our balcony and the backside of the 2nd layer of properties down below. Also, our room clearly had been a smoker's residence (even though currently non smoking) and you could smell that in the furniture. Lobby is very worn, dated and in great need of refreshing. Tried to get help from management, but mgr was not available on a Friday eve. So disappointed because years ago, this used to be a favorite place to enjoy a nice view in Newport.

Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank Oregonbabe

Reviewed 11 August 2020

We stayed in this condo in July. We had a nice room, with a King size bed and a queen size sofa sleeper. It overlooks Yaquina bay, with it's own private crab dock. There is a cooker at the top of the dock for your crabs. I love this place! It was very relaxing, with great furnishings. We stayed in unit D215. This building is next to the dock. There are 6 or 8 buildings here. I would buy one of the condos except the fee is $1,250 a month! Now that we have found them, we will go often. This was during Covid season, so the boat rentals were not allowed. However, they had crab bait for sale at the front desk. We ate at a local seafood restaurant, and had a wonderful time! Reserve in advance, all rooms are different, decorated by the owners. If you want a larger room, you can reserve the extra bedroom upstairs. Or if you are looking for a less expensive option, get just the small upstairs room. You won't be sorry!

Room tip: All the rooms have a view of the bay. If you are going to crab, get one by the dock. Lower buildings are better
Date of stay: July 2020
1  Thank geesfarm
Management response:Responded 2 February 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review the Embarcadero, we appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon!