“Best Pies I Have Ever Eaten. YUM!!”

Chalet Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Newport
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 October 2017

My wife and I stopped to buy 2 Marion berry pies based upon a local resident recommendation. In addition to the 2 marionberry pies I also bought a lemon cream pie. I was the best I have ever had. I wish they were located where I live because I would buy their pies on a regular basis. I did not try any food from their menu so I cant say much about that, but if it is as good as the pies then it probably is pretty good.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

After a few days of eating fried fish and chowders, we were ready for a hearty healthier dinner. The Chalet met our needs. The service and food was very good. I had the pot roast, it was almost as good as mom's. The corn bread, yummy! The hubby's steak was good, cooked as requested. The portions were large. We both required a box to go. We ordered a piece of cake to go, to enjoy later in the evening. It too was very yummy!

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Honestly we went there because they have pie. We ordered a couple omelets and they brought out huge, fluffy biscuits before. The service was excellent and the food was great. Looking at the menu we initially thought the prices were a little high but, you get a LOT of good food for the price. I never got to the pie. After some of the other service in the area, The Chalet was great!

Reviewed 2 October 2017

My husband and I had breakfast at Chalet and we were delighted with both the food and the friendly service. Afterward I checked out the bakery and their selection of homemade pies was also a welcome site from the grocery store selections. I would highly recommend Chalet.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

when in Newport recently my daughter and I ate at the chalet Restaurant and Bakery, we had steak, baked potatoes and soup. very very good.