“Best Pies I Have Ever Eaten. YUM!!”

Chalet Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Newport
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Chalet Restaurant & Bakery is Newport's premier family restaurant. We are family owned and operated for the past 33 years. We feature quality ingredients with a wholesome, friendly atmosphere, and affordable pricing for your family to relax and enjoy. Chalet Restaurant & Bakery offers a diverse selection of breakfast, lunch, and dinner menu items to satisfy every taste, including fresh seasonal dishes. Our batters are homemade from scratch and all are carefully prepared and blended by hand, using only the finest ingredients. We make homemade jams, compotes, and syrups to further enhance our delicious pancakes and waffles. Pot roasts with carrots and onions and fresh Tom turkeys are roasted daily. We use only fresh potatoes for our mashed, baked, or hash browns, never frozen or dehydrated. Homemade soups, gravies, and sauces prepared daily. Nothing can replace fresh products for food value or taste. We feature fresh wild Pacific fresh and Yaquina Bay Oysters.
Reviewed 11 October 2017

My wife and I stopped to buy 2 Marion berry pies based upon a local resident recommendation. In addition to the 2 marionberry pies I also bought a lemon cream pie. I was the best I have ever had. I wish they were located where I live because I would buy their pies on a regular basis. I did not try any food from their menu so I cant say much about that, but if it is as good as the pies then it probably is pretty good.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

After a few days of eating fried fish and chowders, we were ready for a hearty healthier dinner. The Chalet met our needs. The service and food was very good. I had the pot roast, it was almost as good as mom's. The corn bread, yummy! The hubby's steak was good, cooked as requested. The portions were large. We both required a box to go. We ordered a piece of cake to go, to enjoy later in the evening. It too was very yummy!

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Honestly we went there because they have pie. We ordered a couple omelets and they brought out huge, fluffy biscuits before. The service was excellent and the food was great. Looking at the menu we initially thought the prices were a little high but, you get a LOT of good food for the price. I never got to the pie. After some of the other service in the area, The Chalet was great!

Reviewed 2 October 2017

My husband and I had breakfast at Chalet and we were delighted with both the food and the friendly service. Afterward I checked out the bakery and their selection of homemade pies was also a welcome site from the grocery store selections. I would highly recommend Chalet.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

when in Newport recently my daughter and I ate at the chalet Restaurant and Bakery, we had steak, baked potatoes and soup. very very good.