“Great Food - Even for us Plant-eaters”
Review of Cafe Mundo

Cafe Mundo
Ranked #16 of 121 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 14 September 2018

This artistic, eclectic, relaxed restaurant is worth checking out. We've been several times and are always satisfied with the vegan food options and friendly service. We really enjoyed our tempeh tacos and tempeh burger with plant-based cheese. You can also get a cocktail or one of several microbrews on tap.

1  Thank Mac M

Reviewed 1 September 2018

I have been going to Mundo's since the days when they ran it out of a small cut-out trailer kitchen set amoung picnic table to the present big newish building that is so cheerful and inviting! I LOVE IT!!! From fish tocos to coffee you can't go wrong here plus many nights and days there is entertainment with a stage inside and outside. You never know what you'll find, drumming of world class acts like the late great Rich Bartow and band. They close Sundays and Mondays so plan your week in Newport to stop by a true original in hospitality!!!! You'll thank me!

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Sat upstairs on the railing and looked down on to the stage where open mic night was on Thursday evening. The margarita was fabulous. Served in a mason jar with salt.

My sister and I shared a bunch of apps and the Selena salad was my stand out. It was amazing. Poppyseed dressing with arugula and apples and so much bleu cheese. Yum! Our server was so cute and sweet. Thanks for a great night!

Reviewed 21 July 2018

Bohemian atmosphere with kids menus. Friday night live music was great. But the fish tacos were superb! Kids and adults thoroughly enjoyed!

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

My family chose this place for lunch. There’s some outdoor seating and upstairs seating where you can be served.
They have a mixed menu where you can get a healthy vegan meal or some of the usual fare. I had a grilled cheese sandwich with a salad. My son had chicken teriyaki bento bowl and enjoyed it. My daughter and wife had burgers.
A relaxed atmosphere is the highlight along with a pianist and a tiny bit of ocean view from the upstairs seating.