“Step back to the 70's for healthy food, of large portions.”
Review of Cafe Mundo

Cafe Mundo
Ranked #16 of 121 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 2 May 2018

We stopped by Nye Beach to get off the beaten track,and found this wonderful place to eat. The food was very tasty,and the portions were large enough to fill me up,especially the salad entree. My wife had the tuna burger,and the chunk of tuna was huge,she could only eat half, and took the rest home for later. The atmosphere is 70/80's sort of Hippi with a warm feeling of welcome and odd ort displayed. You can dine outside under cover,and if it is chilly,a gas camp fire will be lit to warm you up. When visiting Newport Oregon, you can't go wrong to eat here for a fun food experience.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here for dinner per recommendation of some travel magazines, and are so glad we stopped in! The food was excellent and filling, with very fresh tasting ingredients. My husband had the fish tacos, and said they were the best he had eaten in town on our trip. I had the chicken teriyaki bento bowl, which was absolutely delicious. Decor was very “bohemian” and unique—atmosphere and service overall was very friendly. Our meal cost $25 for two entrees and a beer, which is very reasonable compared to most other places in town. Overall, we would gladly come back and recommend to others!

Tip: Not a super huge place, so recommend calling ahead for larger groups (6+) to see if there’s room!

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

We come here at least once a a day every time we are in Newport. I love their Mexican mocha my boyfriend always gets the kabucha. Their bento bowls are amazing. They always have fresh ingredients.

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

We had dinner here on the recommendation of local resident. The vibe was funky and the live music was pretty good.

We had a bento bowl full of fresh veggies, seasonings, chicken and rice... it was very tasty and filling. We also tried the sashimi, there was a big portion of fresh local tuna, it was very good.

The chocolate ganache finished the meal nicely.

Service was friendly, the price was reasonable.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

We are taken here by family about once a visit. They have a very healthy-oriented menu! Other than chicken, there is ONE beef item....a so-so burger way over-priced (didn't even come with chips!). Be prepared for salads (not bad looking!), hummas, etamomie, cheese apps, and limited fish and some chicken. This place DOES NOT HAVE A DEEP FRYER...therefore, no wings, calamari, Fries, etc. I did say "Healthy"! In general, Newport is THE ONLY place I have visited where you have to dine in your coat!...MOST of the restaurants are not heated very well (or they just didn't turn it up enough to be shirt-sleeve comfortable. This may be because the LOCALS all wear fleece pullovers and such and don't want to "undress" for eating?!?!