“Stephanie's is impressive! And very friendly!”
Review of Cafe Stephanie

Cafe Stephanie
Ranked #7 of 122 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We didn't have a lot of time to spend here, but stopped for coffee on Sunday. Small and quaint, with a pleasant ambiance. A block from the beach, and very pleasant. Would love to have had more time to spend in Newport...and at Stephanie's! Friendly service!

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

2 of us walked here from nearby hotel. Spouse had the peach crepes and I had quiche. Both come with a scone. Everything was great. Crepe used fresh peaches, not canned. Would definitely come back.

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for brunch and ordered omelettes. They tasted nice. However, I ordered mine dairy free because of an dairy allergy. Something went wrong, because not long after leaving the cafe I got sick. Even though the omelette was nice, it was not worth getting sick over. Also, we wanted to leave the carbs off our order. Instead of deducting something from the bill for not having toast and a scone, we were charged a side each extra for an extra egg to make the portion bigger. Theoretically, they are probably entitled to do it, but it feels a bit odd. Also, we didn’t get a spoon for our coffee or ice water, while other tables did get that. The major drawback was getting sick, but other than that next time I will choose another breakfast spot.

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

While waiting to check into our hotel down the street we decided to get some lunch. My quiche and salad were excellent, as well as my husband’s sandwich. Great fresh choices and great service made for a nice lunch!!

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Five of us stopped in on Sunday morning. They were pretty busy, but were able to sit us at a table after bussing it. There were outdoor seats for smaller groups.

The Chai tea is amazing! Wonderfully well-spiced. All the cafe drinks came in a nice size mug.

I had a sausage-spinach quiche which was so loaded that I'm pretty sure it was the cheese and not the eggs that were holding it together. Also, the quiche is crust-free!

Their breakfast sandwich is also amazing, especially if you like things a little hot.

They have a couple types of French toast. The zucchini bread one is especially good.

All breakfast orders come with scones. We got blueberry and cranberry. I think the cranberry one also has orange in it. They were very tasty, soft, not too sweet.

Very friendly staff. They all checked on us as they made their rounds.