“Good Food, Good Service”
Review of The Deep End Cafe

The Deep End Cafe
Ranked #14 of 121 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: US$11 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Family friendly with fresh fish and seafood, burgers, deli sandwiches, made-from-scratch soups and chowder. Full bar serving spirits,local draft beers, and Pacific Northwest wines dominate the wine list.
Reviewed 5 October 2017

We had lunch. I chose the crabs cakes and salad. Both were good, the salad was especially fresh. Lettuce with flavor! The Hubby enjoyed his choice. The service was good, attentive waitress but not overly so. Parking was easy and the restaurant clean and casual. Fun decor. We'll visit again.

1  Thank 5Duckies

Reviewed 29 September 2017

We went for oysters on the half-shell and pints of crafted beer after a long walk on the beach. We were not disappointed. The oysters were excellent, with a good selection of refreshing crafted beers. They have seating both inside and out. It was a beautiful sunny day so sitting at the outside tables was wonderful.

2  Thank roy g
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We were in a group of 12 RVers, and didn't get a particularly charming waitress. The orders arrived helter skelter, and on order of a shrimp dinner was forgotten. Nancy said the shrimp was delicious when she finally got it though. The restaurant offered her a bowl of chowder while she waited, but she declined. There was no other offer to compensate for the mistake.

Generally speaking, our companions said their meals were very tasty. My wife's buffalo chicken salad was excellent.

However, this is my review, so I'll talk about my seafood Mac and cheese. Great concept, but poor execution. Two observations for the owners: 1) back off on the amount of onion. It overwhelmed the dish. 2) tighten up the sauce, it was soupy. That's a no-no in Mac and cheese.

Last comment is that the clam chowder was stellar!

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Very popular restaurant, with food served throughout the day. As others have said, the service is not fast, but the seafood is really good, with very large portions. We noticed that the owner made a point of stopping by all tables to chat with customers, and seemed genuinely interested that we were visiting from the UK.

We had prawn & crab cocktail (shared between three), shrimp in pitta bread, rockfish & chips, and shrimp melt. Great quality throughout.

1  Thank MK13AL
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I was want to grab some dinner and since the hotel doesn't have a restaurant I was looking for something that was within walking distance. I remembered seeing "The Deep End Cafe" as I was driving to the hotel, so I walked on down to check it out. Realize I did check trip advisor also to see what has been said. I was greeted right away. I asked if I could sit at the bar...no issues there. Im guessing since it's off season on a Thursday night that they don't have a bartender on duty that the wait team handled things because they brought me a menu and got me beer when I asked. I tried the clam chowder and it was very good. My main dish was the crab and shrimp mac and cheese was also very good. Service was prompt and courteous. I don't think you can go wrong if your looking for a good meal.

1  Thank M P