“First Thai Experience”

Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are Located on west end of the bay front near by coast guard , Newport , Oregon. All combination of Thai food and seafood in Thai style. [ Open on Thank Giving & Christmas ]
Reviewed 17 September 2017

This was our first visit to a Thai restaurant so we really have nothing to compare it to. Our waitress was not real personable, but the owner was quite nice and even chased me down when I left my coat behind. We tried the pad thai and drunken noodles. Our food was hot and spicy and we really enjoyed the soup/eggroll we were given as an appetizer. We appreciated all of the pictures and descriptions in the menu since we were unfamiliar with what we were ordering. Our only negative was a fly that kept hovering around while we were eating. We heard another diner ask for a fly swatter as he and his wife were also annoyed. The waitress just laughed it off, but I'm certain they were serious.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

I don't eat seafood, so I was so glad to find this restaurant at the end of 'seafood row.' Short on wait staff, but I was fortunate to get a sweet, accommodating waitress. Entree was plentiful and tasty. It's in an old, weather worn building with old décor. Needs a good cleaning outside and inside. Lots to see and many places to shop after your meal, all within walking distance. Sea lions can be viewed at the other end of town, in the water.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

The restaurant was clean and had a huge menu selection. We ordered a won ton appetizer and our entrees, the appetizer came out and was ok. 2 of our 4 entrees came out in a timely manner, as we waited for the other 2, they did not come. We waited patiently and they did not bring them out. Eventually after he saw us all looking around, he asked us if we needed something. Really? We only have two meals. Twenty minutes later we had our food with no apology. Others came in after us and left before us. The check was delivered for full price. I asked to take off two meals, he said one, still with no apology. Food was ok. Service sucked and it is always weird when business owners bring their kids to work and they play where customers see them.

1  Thank johngM6161PP
Reviewed 2 September 2017

Delicious Thai. We enjoyed this restaurant twice while visiting as takeout. Parking is a pain along the entire street. Medium spicy was more hot than medium.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Ordered based on Trip advisor review for best delivery restaurant in Newport. The food was adequate but wish we'd just sent someone out to bring back something else. Vegetables in dishes were fine, and shrimp in the curry dish was fresh but in the Pumpkin Curry dish, chicken was dry and Pumpkin was mushy. The fried tofu was the worst I've had, but the peanut sauce was quite good. Guess it just depends what you order...

1  Thank melindakae