Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$213
Expedia.comUS$213
PricelineUS$213
Agoda.comUS$213
Orbitz.comUS$213
TravelocityUS$213
All reviews nye beach room was clean big room top floor coffee maker great view oregon coast ocean
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 August 2020 via mobile

We found The Waves to be a very modest hotel with a desirable price range. The room was very clean and very very sanitary. We were very pleased about the cleanliness. Not a lot of amenities in the room but when you spend the day out and about. All you need is a hot shower and a comfortable bed at night.
The first floor had no view of the ocean but that's okay with us. Didn't want to carry our bags up the stairs.

It was a very comfortable and pleasant stay.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Barbara Keckler, Marketing at The Waves Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thanks for the great review! We hope to host you again, and this time our elevator is being repaired so you could enjoy a higher room without having to climb the stairs.

Reviewed 7 August 2020 via mobile

Their advertisement boasts best views in Newport. What a joke! Look at the view. Fake news!
Not anywhere near beach...as they advertise. Again misleading. The rooms interiors have been redone however, thats all I can say positive.
They have no cribs or pac & plays.
Would never visit this place again.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback, however, I must say not entirely true. We are right over the beach–but we are up on a cliff so there is no direct beach access. Many people assume because we are so close that there must be direct access, but the access is about a 7 minute walk (two blocks) down. We state many times on our website that there is no direct access and work hard to make sure that guests understand that.

Reviewed 24 July 2020 via mobile

This hotel was NOT what we paid for. I paid extra for an ocean view room. What we got was a 3rd floor room with dirty windows overlooking another hotel. There was a glimpse of the ocean off to the right but because the windows were so dirty you could only see the glimpse when the one small window was open (and you have to crouch down to look through the open window).
Additionally the floor was some kind of tile so any dirt or sand we tracked in stayed on the floor, stuck to our feet, and ended up in the beds. The beds were hard as rocks and my back was killing me each morning. Then the fire alarm went off anytime someone took a shower. The fan in the bathroom was incredibly loud.
The outside of the building has fresh paint and looks nice EXCEPT for the nasty, dirty, pet hair carpet that lines the outside "hall"...super gross and dirty.
Oh, and the "one minute walk" to Nye beach? Yes, one minute and you're standing on a cliff overlooking your death to the bottom. The actual Nye beach access point is a good 15 min walk away.
The rooms themselves look nice. The manager is very nice. That said, I paid a lot and got very little of what I expected. I will not stay there again.

Date of stay: July 2020
Reviewed 21 June 2020 via mobile

Not what I was expecting but still a very nice MOTEL. Not a hotel. Big room. Very nice ocean view. Just a short walk from the beach, literally right across the tiny path. Staff is friendly.
Room lacks basic amenities like shampoo, conditioner, very few towels, trash cans and outlets were broke.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2020

For $200, I received a room that was partially remodeled, with little amenities provided, which the hotel did not inform me on when I booked the room. They didn’t even have pictures on the walls or a coffee maker to go with the coffee packets provided and no closet poles in the closet. Will definitely not stay here again! Better off at motel 6 for half the price.

Date of stay: June 2020