All reviews wonderful hosts rogue brewery breakfast was delicious unique setting sun deck looking forward to another visit charming b b yaquina bay bridge other guests main deck oregon coast within walking distance halibut sea lions hatfield science center double bed memorial day weekend
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

The Newport Belle was an unexpected find. The owner, Michael, was friendly and full of fun stories about his ship and the area. Before arriving, I was a bit concerned about staying on a boat as I get seasick. Michael assured me that the boat was rock-solid and I wouldn’t feel any swaying motion – he was right. The rooms were large and airy with a nautical theme. The common rooms were similar. Breakfast was filling and delicious. The only warning is that there is a dog, Charlie; but he was sweet and well behaved so no concerns unless you are allergic to dogs.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank karen K
Reviewed 31 May 2018

We had the pleasure of staying at the Newport Belle on the Memorial Day Weekend, and we recommend it for anyone who wants an enjoyable getaway weekend on the Oregon Coast. The rooms were cozy, and the main deck was very pleasant, with a great western view. (Drawback: on sunny days, the room with the western view can get rather toasty!) The breakfast was rather good, and the owner truly aimed to please. It's easy access to downtown Newport and Highway 101 for shopping and travel. It made this leg of our vacation quite enjoyable, and we would recommend the Newport Belle as a resting place on the coast.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2018

My wife surprised me with a couple of nights here over Memorial Day weekend and it was fantastic. I've wanted to stay here ever since I first heard about it many years ago. It's in a great location, on the water, right where the fishing boats put in and within walking distance of the Mark Hatfield Science Center, Rogue Brewery and possibly the aquarium. ( It's also just across the bay from the greatest free entertainment in town, the sea lions!)
We stayed in room number 1, on the bottom level and the front of the boat and it was marvelous. The room is small but gave us everything we needed. I believe it was a double bed, which worked fine for us; there was a small table with two chairs and a bathroom with a shower and sink.
The breakfast was more than enough; two different kids of frittatas, fresh berries and yogurt, toast and breakfast potatoes. Michael and many different kinds of juice options as well as good, strong coffee.
The stern of the sternwheeler had a nice "sun" room with a great view of the Yaquina Bay Bridge; a great place to read, or just enjoy the view or talk to his dog Charlie.
Michael was a great host, full of suggestions and thoughts on things to see & places to eat.
So, all in all, I'm so glad we finally got here and I would go back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: As far as I can tell, there are no bad rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Before I share my experience here, know that the business is up for sale and may be sold by now and closing permanently. Check with Michael the owner before making a reservation. Located in Newport Harbor, this ship was fully decked out with comfy places to sit and eat. Depending on what room you book the views are all of the harbor and marina so fun to watch the activity there and listen to the sea lions barking. The ship is tied up to shore and we could barely tell we were on water so no rocking motion. Michael our host was genial, accommodating and prepared a great breakfast for all. This is a really fun and different place to stay, I can highly recommend it and again time may be running short so if you are planning on traveling soon maybe you can still enjoy the place. From what we were told, if it sells it likely be moved to another location and not staying in Newport.

Room Tip: Rooms near back of the ship have best views
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ProMetalSales
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed a night in the B&B. The boat has great views and we loved our room. We also had a great breakfast and Michael was a wonderful host. There are great restaurants and beaches close by.
Thank you.