Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$164
HIExpress.comUS$168
Hotels.comUS$164
FindHotelUS$164
Expedia.comUS$164
StayForLongUS$180
All reviews nice hotel free breakfast would stay here again room was clean oregon coast yaquina bay bridge within walking distance front desk staff stayed one night a wonderful stay king bed parking lot cookies aquarium inns
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 August 2020

I have stayed at many Holiday Inn Express properties over the years. I've always had good luck with them, and consider them my go-to baseline for an affordable hotel stay. Not fancy, but always consistent with their presentation and cleanliness. On par with a Hampton Inn or similar Hilton budget-friendly offering.

The good: decent view of the bay from our fourth floor room. The hotel furnishings and common areas appeared newly refreshed. And the front desk staff and lead housekeeping person (Danielle and Destiny) seemed genuine in their concern and desire to help.

The bad: in all of my years, I have never arrived to a room that looked like it had literally been cleaned by a person who was blind-folded. No exaggeration when I say that. The first thing noticed upon check in to the room.....toilet paper on the floor next to the toilet. Yes, it was used. Yes, is was gross.

As my wife was attending to that, with Clorex wipe in hand, I noticed coffee stains/rings and food crumbles all over the microwave / fridge area. Crumbs on the couch, crumbs on the side tables, crumbs and liquid stains on the desk.

Called the front desk. Housekeeping came up and "re" cleaned the room while the three of us stood in the hallway. The front desk did make a small price adjustment to the room rate, which was appropriate at the original rate of over $320. But it still dampened the start to our 3 day coastal getaway.

Yes, it was a nice day on the Oregon Coast and they were busy. Yes, the place was sold out so I know they were hopping. But still....not sure how so many items could be missed.....especially with the extra "Covid Cleaning Precautions" that are supposed to be currently employed.

Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed 14 August 2020

Normaly we are loyal to Hilton but decided to take a chance on this place. WELL WORTH IT. Extremely clean, close to everything and service was impeccable. Free breakfast was definitley a notch above the competitors. Shout out to Hailey D! for our amazing stay.

Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed 6 June 2020 via mobile

I stayed here for the night recently and found it to be pretty good. I would say the only thing that held it back from a higher rating was the remodel that was going on. The room was clean and spacious. The bed and pillows were comfy. The staff was friendly as well. I had a room with a pretty view of the bay which was cool. If you are going to the Aquarium (which is closed right now due to Covid) you should definitely stay here. I would stay here again for sure.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 February 2020

They advertise that they are pet friendly with all the other hotels that are really pet friendly??? I called the hotel in Newport Bay Oregon and the lady at the desk rudely advised me that "I don't know where you seen that we are pet friendly", we are not. I told her to take it off the pet friendly hotels then?? She stated that They have never been pet friendly. So saying that I will make sure and tell all my family and friends to not stay with any Holiday Inns. I hate lairs. You have no business advertising something false.

Date of stay: April 2019
1  Thank namethatphoto
GMNewportHIE, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2020

Dear Namethatphoto, I am sorry for confusion regarding our pet policy. We have never accepted pets outside of a service animal since opening 10 years ago. There are Holiday Inns and Holiday Inn Expresses that do allow pets however ours is not one. We do not advertise that we are pet friendly on any site.

Reviewed 12 January 2020

History: Originally built and opened in 2009.
Location: South side of the city across Yaquina Bay Bridge. Within walking distance from Oregon Coast Aquarium.
Interior Décor: Standard Holiday Inn Express décor.
Exterior Appearance: 4 story typical Holiday Inn Express building.
Outside view from the room I stayed at (224): Parking lot, commercialized area, forest.
Room Description: Studio suite - king bed, couch
Room Size: Approximately 50 square meters. Spacious.
Room Cleanness: Clean. Well maintained.
Bathroom: J.R. Watkins brand amenities. Average size.
Noise Insulation: Very quiet.
Price and Value: Reasonable
Breakfast: Complimentary buffet
Bed: Firm softness. Slept fine.
Services: Professionally trained friendly hotel staffs. Internet wifi connection was inconsistent and slow at times.

Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank setotravel
GMNewportHIE, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2020

Dear Settotravel, Thank you for the great review! I hope you can stay with us again!