Lowest prices for your stay
US$164
SAVE US$32
HIExpress.comUS$168
FindHotelUS$164
Trip.comUS$176
All reviews nice hotel free breakfast would stay here again room was clean oregon coast yaquina bay bridge within walking distance front desk staff stayed one night a wonderful stay king bed parking lot cookies aquarium inns
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 June 2020 via mobile

I stayed here for the night recently and found it to be pretty good. I would say the only thing that held it back from a higher rating was the remodel that was going on. The room was clean and spacious. The bed and pillows were comfy. The staff was friendly as well. I had a room with a pretty view of the bay which was cool. If you are going to the Aquarium (which is closed right now due to Covid) you should definitely stay here. I would stay here again for sure.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 February 2020

They advertise that they are pet friendly with all the other hotels that are really pet friendly??? I called the hotel in Newport Bay Oregon and the lady at the desk rudely advised me that "I don't know where you seen that we are pet friendly", we are not. I told her to take it off the pet friendly hotels then?? She stated that They have never been pet friendly. So saying that I will make sure and tell all my family and friends to not stay with any Holiday Inns. I hate lairs. You have no business advertising something false.

Date of stay: April 2019
1  Thank namethatphoto
GMNewportHIE, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2020

Dear Namethatphoto, I am sorry for confusion regarding our pet policy. We have never accepted pets outside of a service animal since opening 10 years ago. There are Holiday Inns and Holiday Inn Expresses that do allow pets however ours is not one. We do not advertise that we are pet friendly on any site.

Reviewed 12 January 2020

History: Originally built and opened in 2009.
Location: South side of the city across Yaquina Bay Bridge. Within walking distance from Oregon Coast Aquarium.
Interior Décor: Standard Holiday Inn Express décor.
Exterior Appearance: 4 story typical Holiday Inn Express building.
Outside view from the room I stayed at (224): Parking lot, commercialized area, forest.
Room Description: Studio suite - king bed, couch
Room Size: Approximately 50 square meters. Spacious.
Room Cleanness: Clean. Well maintained.
Bathroom: J.R. Watkins brand amenities. Average size.
Noise Insulation: Very quiet.
Price and Value: Reasonable
Breakfast: Complimentary buffet
Bed: Firm softness. Slept fine.
Services: Professionally trained friendly hotel staffs. Internet wifi connection was inconsistent and slow at times.

Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank setotravel
GMNewportHIE, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2020

Dear Settotravel, Thank you for the great review! I hope you can stay with us again!

Reviewed 4 January 2020

clean, large rooms. HUGE breakfasts. Nice staff!! great prices!!! Will definitely stay there in the future!!! the staff is very accommodating. Great pool and hot tub. Close to lots of things to do. Had a wonderful stay!.

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GMNewportHIE, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2020

Dear Mitch, Thank you so much for the great review!! I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and I hope you can stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 8 December 2019

It was a beautiful hotel and the staff are amazing. Didn’t appreciate the 50$ hold they put on our card. They said for incidentals. What that might be is questionable. Other than that unexpected thing I still would stay again. Just be forewarned of the charge.

Date of stay: December 2019
GMNewportHIE, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2019

Dear Linda W, Thank you for the nice review!! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. The hotel practice of a credit card authorization is for any charges that may be made to the room, i.e. market charges, phone calls etc. The authorization is released at check out minus any charges that may had occurred. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you!