“A suprise 5!”

Ranked #24 of 120 Restaurants in Newport
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Well, hell! Walked into this dive/dinner with low expectations and ended up having the best breakfast I've had in ten years! Perfectly cooked red potato home fries, four slices of thick cut bacon, and fresh bread. So good that I made sure to stop there again on my way home with full intentions of trying something different but stuck with what I know works.
If you're looking for fancy, keep on going. If you want a legit family run diner with good food, this is your spot.
*Open 24/7 to serve the fishermen.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

We stopped here based on the other reviews and are glad we did!

The staff was so nice, we felt like they were family! Our waiter was the guy with the blue Mohawk and he was friendly, made the kids laugh and had great suggestions for what to order.

We had pan fried oysters, captains platter, Cuban sandwich and monte Cristy sandwich. All were excellent!

We will probably go here for breakfast in the morning, it was that good!

Reviewed 8 August 2018

Kitschy and tourist focused but given that they do a good job. It is a small cafe right on the hi-way and it always seems to be packed. Four of us stopped when we first got into town and it was about a 15 minute wait for a table. They a a somewhat "eclectic" bunch of servers that were friendly and took our order but the kitchen was small so the food took at least 20 minutes (maybe more). We wanted to try the local seafood so we order a giant sampler plate for the table. A massive platter of seafood and french fries were delivered piping hot and crispy. The fish was tender and moist, the shrimp were colossal, the oysters very fresh and the clam strips were some of the best I have ever had. The french fries suffered being buried under the seafood but were still good.
That was my deep fried fix for the month and I wouldn't recommend it if you have cholesterol issues but if you are up for a deep fried frenzy they do it well.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Newport Cafe reminds me of an old time diner - small, friendly, noisy. We sat at the counter because it was busy at dinner time. I had a bowl of clam chowder, excellent. My husband had a cheeseburger and loved it because the outside edges were a bit crispy and it had a lot of flavor. A good, very inexpensive dinner.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

The senior menu has gone from $5.00 to $8.00! $12.50 for a western style scrambled breakfast! Chalet restaurant has been voted best hamburger AND breakfast last 2yrs. Excuse miss spell.

1  Thank Michael M