Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$183
WyndhamUS$184
Hotels.comUS$183
PricelineUS$183
FindHotelUS$183
TraveluroUS$194
All reviews travel lodge room was clean fridge and microwave one night stay would stay again coffee maker shampoo dryer
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 August 2020 via mobile

Had a problem free stay at this Travelodge. Room was nicely furnished and very clean. Internet service was very good with a strong signal. This property was taking good coronavirus actions with staff wearing masks and check-in through a window. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank 638stevend
Reviewed 26 July 2020 via mobile

Made a reservation for our daughter’s honeymoon and when the kids showed up they were turned away because they are younger than 21. NO WHERE on the website or reservation did it list this requirement. I called the property and got the impression they were kicking the kids out to rent the room at higher demand. Called the corporate reservations line and they confirmed the property lists a minimum age of 18.
I called the manager “Laura” and was told there would be no property on the coast that would rent to them. This was not true as they already contacted the holiday inn Express and got a room (at three times the price)

This is beyond unprofessional and is warranting legal action.

Do NOT stay here.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
LAURA JARVANPAA, Guest Services / Front Office at Travelodge by Wyndham Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2020

Dear Jake,
We apologize that your child was unable to stay with us but we stand by our statement that we do not take any person under the age of 21. The reason for this is quite simple, if your child were to commit any irresponsible acts i.e. underage drinking, smoking, or committing of illegal acts on our property, we could be held responsible for their behavior. We apologize that the Corporate reservations line had misinformation about our franchise property and because of this inconvenience, we refunded the balance of the room charge immediately back to the card on file. There was no bait and switch and we are glad to hear that your child was able to find other accommodations albeit if at a higher rate than ours, but we certainly hope that she enjoyed herself while being a guest of another one of our fine establishments in the Newport Oregon area. For future reference, I would always encourage that any guest contact the property directly when booking a reservation. This will give the hotel the opportunity to go over all rules and policies before any payments or monies are received. I hope this clears things up for you and we hope you have a great day.

Best wishes,
Jon Bennington - General Manager

Reviewed 9 July 2020

It looks like hotel was renovated, beds are very nice and everything else looks clean and smells like chlorine. They do not do breakfasts and all tea or coffee pots are taken from rooms. There is no access into the lobby, everything is done through the window on the street. If you only need to spend there one night it is perfect.

Date of stay: July 2020

Dear Slonichek,
Thank you for your kind words about our property. Yes, we are trying to complete a full interior remodel of our rooms and it is nice to see that some of our newer amenities are being noticed. I would like to inform you that during the COVID19 pandemic, we have opted to remove high touch items and are hoping to have them returned to the rooms as soon as possible. I do hope you will think of us again the next time you travel to the Newport Oregon area.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 24 May 2020

Harassing staff over service animals. Didn't even know the right questions to ask service dog owners. Male cowardly staff member audible huffed when told the service dog's owner was getting food next door. Male staff member also accused guests for being rude when he admitted to being inappropriate. Dirty room. Not enough towels. Ungrateful and unlawful behavior from a motel. Spend a little bit extra to be treated with respect. I don't ingratiate myself to over inflated egos that don't give respect, so I was was firm and direct with the spineless male front desk clerk.

Date of stay: May 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
LAURA J, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge by Wyndham Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2020

Dear "BrainsandBeauty",
We apologize that you felt you were treated unfairly. Upon investigation, and having witnessed behaviors from both parties, I feel that I must clear the air. "Firm and Direct" isn't exactly how I would describe your attitude towards the staff of this property. Not only did the GM working the Front Desk during your check-in feel that you were being belittling, this was also witnessed by the housekeeper and Assistant GM as well. First, in case it is unclear, these are the 2 questions, per ADA regulation, that ANY hotel may ask in regards to a service animal.
1. IS THIS ANIMAL REQUIRED FOR A DISABILITY?
2. WHAT WORK OR TASK IS THE ANIMAL TRAINED TO PERFORM?
Based on the answer we can determine if this is a working Service animal or an Emotional support Companion which is not covered under the ADA guidelines. We also do not allow leisure pets on our property, so naturally, when your dog began barking at another guest, we investigated as to why you had a dog on the property to begin with, which is well within our legal right. You informed our GM that it was the service dog of someone getting food next door. For future reference, ( taken from ADA NETWORK sec.4 HANDLER'S RESPONSIBILITIES ) The handler is responsible for the care and supervision of his/her service animal which is a technical way of saying, the dog must stay with the owner at all times. If the animal behaves in an unacceptable manner i.e. barking, jumping at people, or running away from the handler, the business may ask them to leave.
We did none of this; you were simply asked if it was a service animal. As far as your room cleanliness was concerned, we are currently entering Phase 1 of Re-opening Newport. One of those requirements is that each and every single room gets deep cleaned each time someone checks out of it. While I admit our property may be a bit older, we pride ourselves on cleanliness and when things are brought to our attention, we tend to it immediately. You were also given the required amount of towels per our Room guidelines. Unfortunately, we were unable to provide you with any fresh linens as this is still not allowed during Phase 1 ( to minimize guest interaction and protect our staff from any possible sickness). All in all, I feel that all parties involved could have presented themselves differently during this difficult time and I do hope that perhaps in the future you may consider using a Wyndham property again.

Best wishes for a Safe and healthy Summer

Reviewed 6 March 2020

Very nice manager, clean and quiet rooms. The price is very reasonable for what you get This is going to be my go to Lodge when I stay in Newport. I like having the fridge and microwave and coffee maker and on top of that toiletries and a blow dryer an iron and ironing board....Nice ! There is a restaurant right next door too.
I have stayed at several places in Newport and was really disappointed, you will not feel that way staying here.

Date of stay: March 2020