“Fabulous seafood and excellent service”

Clearwater Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 123 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Description: Breathtaking views of Yaquina Bay, Yaquina Bay Bridge and the Sea Lions. Comfortable, indoor and outdoor seating with the finest food on the coast! Fresh! Lunch, dinner and bar and lounge.
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had two excellent meals — he had the seafood pasta and I had the salmon with Brussels sprouts — and we absolutely loved every bite. The salmon was served with mashed potatoes and the sprouts with a red wine reduction, which sounds funny with salmon, but was out of this world delicious!

The views were spectacular on the harbor, and we were able to watch boats come and go, and TONS of sea lions played and barked below our table. It was just delightful.

Our server, Morgan, was also excellent in his service AND in his conversation about the area and things to do. Thank you for a lovely evening, Morgan and Clearwater!

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank nddoreen

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Nice restaraunt overlooking the harbor. Lot's of sea lions on the docks right below. Very clean. Prices are on the high side but food is good, staff is friendly and the location is great.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 28 February 2018

The staff here are really great....at first glance, it looks a little upscale to be really kid-friendly but it is. The hostess provided crayons and a place mat to color on. when she seated our family which included our almost 4 year old granddaughter. Our server, Venus, asked our granddaughter what she wanted to order and she asked her how her food was. The food is interesting and good. My ham and cheese sandwich with caramelized onions and fig jam was just a little too sweet...I had expected the fig jam on the side. My husband enjoyed the cod fish and chips. Portions are pretty good sized. We were seated on the upper level so had a great view of the bay. The only sticking point was the HUGE table we were seated at. It was about 7 ft across and had 6 club type chairs. There were 4 adults and we were making jokes about shouting at each other because we were that far apart! A young man set a tall vase of flowers in the center which completely blocked my view of my son-in-law further eliminating conversation. I am a petite woman and the chair was quite low...I felt like a kid at the grown up table.... A table for 4 with an extra chair would have been more comfortable. will ask NOT to be seated at that table in the future! Prices are on the higher end but the food is good and the menu is interesting.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

We drove to Newport from Depoe Bay upon two separate recommendations from locals to try Clearwater. I'm glad we did! The quality of our dinners was superb. We are looking forward to returning and trying many more of their offerings. The view of the harbor and the sea lions jockeying for position was a bonus. This is a great restaurant I highly recommend.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

We had friends recommend Clearwater, so we thought we’d give it a try. I had the crab noodle dish and it was very good!! Our server was a kick! She was fun. I’d definitely go back! I recommend reserving a window seat to watch the sea lions below.