“Another Absolutely Fantastic Experience ”

The Painted Lady Bed & Breakfast & Tea Room
Ranked #4 of 17 Restaurants in Myrtle Creek
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Description: Our Tea Room is a restored 110-year old Colonial Revival home. Each room has a theme color surrounded by antiques and items to buy.We have a free dress up closet,hats,boas,dresses,shoes& jewelry. We serve Afternoon tea parties,bridal showers,baby showers,and special events. Your hostess is dressed in vintage clothes.It is truly an unforgettable experience. Bring your camera!
Reviewed 16 September 2019 via mobile

This was our second visit to The Painted Lady B&B. We stayed three nights while we attended a variety a wedding activities in nearby Roseburg, OR. The elegant Simon Room was spacious and quiet. The newly added air conditioning kept us cool and comfortable. We shared evening wine and beer on the porch with family surrounded by flowers and climbing vines. The humming birds are a joy to watch. We enjoyed morning coffee outside, and two of the three mornings, we had our breakfast served to us on the porch. The breakfast Wendi prepares is unlike anything we have ever had, incredible with an amazing variety of delicious treats. We cannot recommend highly enough! The location is a short trip off Interstate 5 and you have access to a beautiful park with a rock water fountain, tennis courts, and covered bridges within walking distance.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (21)

Reviewed 17 July 2019

Having had afternoon tea all over the world and Oregon, Wendy without a doubt does one of the best. Just remember it is so much food you will need to take some home. I always bring a Tupperware container. The way she has decorated is divine and have been there when children brought for tea and the outfits that can dress up in are precious.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 22 December 2018 via mobile

I had a wonderful time today. It made me feel slightly sorry for my last review because everyone is entitled to a bad day. Certainly, I feel like that’s all my last visit was. Today’s experience was on par with all of my other visits. I’m so thankful for that! I spent the day with my mom, aunt, and cousin, as a “girls day out,” before Christmas. We like to do something similar every year, to stretch out the celebration. This will, hopefully, be our regular spot. The food was delicious. I had the curry chicken sandwich (my favorite), the soup of the day (chicken vegetable), Yorkshire Gold tea, and the chocolate trifle (incredibly delicious). It was so nice to relax and chat in such a beautiful setting. I had always wanted to visit during the holiday season, and I’m so glad I did. The place is decorated so beautifully. I highly recommend visiting the Painted Lady.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

What a beautiful and wonderful place to have brunch. The decorations reminds me of alot of things that my mother had and used when I was growing up. Exceptional food and fantastic atmosphere. The owner does all the cooking and baking fresh every day. She is a angel in disguise, very friendly and caring. You are greeted with a big smile and made to feel like you are sitting at your own home.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

It is with a heavy heart that I write this review today, as I've loved almost all of my visits to the Painted Lady. Today, however, was sadly different. My mom took me out for a birthday lunch, along with my sister and cousin. We arrived and there was no greeting, but we'd been before, so we sat ourselves and waited. Wendi arrived, quickly greeted us, and told us it would be a few minutes before she could take our order because there was a group who had made reservations for tea. Totally fine. She came to take our order, and three of us wanted to order the chicken curry sandwich. Sadly, we were informed there was only enough for two, so two people in our party had to split. I suppose that was okay, but I kind of felt like something should have been offered in the way of "making it right." It never hurts to go the extra mile to make a customer happy. We also ordered three different kinds of tea. When mine arrived, there was one tea bag to an entire pot of tea. Weak tea is a no-no in my opinion, especially at a tea house. For two dollars a person for tea, there should have AT LEAST been two tea bags. When the food arrived, I was honestly surprised. Like the title of my review says, there has been a decline in the attention to detail. In times past, I'd been nothing but pleased with the food and presentation. This time, in my salad, there were black pieces of rotten lettuce mixed in with fresher lettuce. Highly unappetizing. I took a few bites and left the rest. I don't think anyone else at the table was happy with theirs either. My sandwich arrived and it wasn't overflowing with chicken curry like I remembered. It was good, but inconsistent with times past. Three of us ordered desserts and all of us were happy with those. The bill came to just over $70, which I think was rather high for what we got. Especially when we walked away less than pleased. My hope for the Painted Lady is that it stays in business. It is such a treat to have a place like this. I have loved this place so much, and I now feel torn. I want to return, but I don't want to spend my money here and wind up unhappy. No one does. And it's not just this once. The last time I called to make reservations for Queen's Tea, I told Wendi I wanted to reserve one tea (@ $25) and we would also like to order a lunch entree when we arrived. I was quickly met with the statement that "we don't normally do that." It wasn't in the polite way, as in "we'd love to accommodate you." Maybe you don't normally do that, but there's a better way of dealing with customers. In the end, I reserved two teas. I then felt bad. I felt like I had done something wrong by asking. It kind of upset me. You can't cut corners when running a proper business. Either you are all in, or you're on your way out. It's truly unfortunate because this was one of my favorite places I've ever been. Maybe you should take reservations only.

Date of visit: August 2017