“Very Good Chowder”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 3 February 2015

We went last Friday and had their lunch combos that included chowder. It was very good! Service was also very good. Their Medford location is right across from Harry and David and that was good for afternoon browsing. I would recommend this restaurant for people who like seafood

1  Thank Liz A

Reviewed 16 January 2015 via mobile

Visiting my parents in the area for a week and have eaten out at great places in Medford/Ashland every night...until we came here. The service is very good. Very polite across the board but the price was $$$ and the course I had turned out to be aweful and I don't use that adjective lightly. I had the "Halibut Parmesan". It was a small piece and came dry. A few vegies for decorations and just a hand full of string fries...the fast food kind. For 20 dollars (upscale for the area) the halibut should have been cooked to perfection. Sadly it was not. My mother had the fried halibut and the breaking was heavy and oily. Just aweful. I understand this is a chain. I just hope it comes under new management if it's known as a nice place to eat. Sorry but it gets a grudging 2

Reviewed 14 January 2015

My Husband and I recently had dinner here and it was wonderful. We were greeted and seated immediately which I hear is rare due to how busy this place can get. My Husband had a steak off of their nightly specials and I had cod. Both dishes melted in your mouth. Everything was hot, our service was excellent and the price was affordable. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening and were asking ourselves as we left why we haven't been here more often. Definitely will return.

1  Thank LadyPamHislip
Reviewed 1 January 2015

I have been in this restaurant many times in the past few months. On my last visit the food was not hot and the taste was mediocre. Their menu is varied with dishes prepared to cater to my tastes as well as my wife's. However, the quality of the food seems to be declining lately. I wondered if the servers are keeping up with the demand, or if the kitchen is the problem. In any event, there were noticeable changes in the food on my last visit which was about 4 weeks ago. It took the pleasure out of the experience somewhat.
On the bright side, the menu is excellent, the food is usually prepared exquisitely and the service is good. I still will return and give them a second chance, thinking that they were having a bad night on the last visit.

2  Thank Ross S
Reviewed 18 December 2014 via mobile

I went here for lunch during the day. The place was slow but they were nice and the food was good. The menu gives a lot of selection. I would definitely return the next time I am in town.

Been to Mcgrath's Fish House? Share your experiences!