“Fabulous, unique breakfast”

Punky's Diner & Pies
Ranked #13 of 307 Restaurants in Medford
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

I am currently eating breakfast here while in Medford on business. This place is in a small shopping center, but my GPS got me here easily. The bread pudding French toast is mouth watering delicious. Seattle's Best coffee is great. Service is spot on.

Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

Ate a late breakfast before a movie.
Wide selection of options. I had chicken fried steak with O'Brien potatoes and a side of sausage patties. I was very satisfied with the meal. Portions are generous and very good. Service is friendly and quick.

Jim N Connie R, Owner at Punky's Diner & Pies, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2016

I want to thank you so much for the wonderful review and excellent rating. Also thank you for telling the world and your friends about your experience at Punky's. Your business is very important to us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

I am always looking for the next big thing. After reading reviews I decided to give Punky's a try.

They have great parking which is a plus. They are going for a fifties diner theme it seems. Pretty good job of doing it I would say. The music, the uniforms, and the decor.

We were seated quickly by a friendly waitress. I looked around and noticed we were probably the only customers under the age of 60. Not a big deal. I appreciated the omelet selection. I went with the linguica omelet. My wife went with French toast.

My omelet was very tasty although the filling was a bit sparse. I asked for salsa and was brought a very small serving if salsa as well. Kind of disappointed. The fried red potatoes sounded good and tasted alright. It was a bit disconcerting to keep hiring into something gritty. Never really figured out what it was but I rolled with it.

My wife said her French toast was bland.

The service was friendly. One of the criteria I use to judge service is how well they keep my drinks full. It is a small thing and is often over looked. It takes a good server to keep drinks full. Sadly we didn't get a single offer for a refill. Bummer.

Overall, not the worst place we have been and I will give Punky's another try and see how it goes.

Jim N Connie R, Owner at Punky's Diner & Pies, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2016

We appreciate your feedback on your experience at Punky's, I am glad you will be trying us again. Please let me know when you are in again and I think I at least owe you another meal. Although I am glad we are not the worse place you have been we would really have preferred being the best. Looking forward to seeing you again.
Connie(Punky)
PS We value every one of our customers.

Reviewed 3 June 2016 via mobile

Not only do you get top notch service, but the food is the greatest. Most food is home made and not out of a can. That's why it tastes so good. If you have any special needs, you can get it, whether it's No Salt, low carbs, etc.
It's our favorite place to eat.
Every wednesday morning they have Veterans congregate in the back room with free coffee for the event. Just a downright pleasant place to be. Try it, You'll like it.

1  Thank W Vern H
Jim N Connie R, Owner at Punky's Diner & Pies, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2016

Thank you for the fantastic review and the even more fantastic rating. You are the best. Looking forward to seeing you again real soon. Thank you for telling the world how you feel about Punky's.

Reviewed 22 May 2016

Punky's is a 1950's kind of diner, with period posters on the walls and likewise paraphernalia decorating the interior. I met Punky herself when I went there for the first time; she is a delightful transplant from California who creates an efficient, cheerful, and informal ambience and who also turns out delicious pies.

The menu is for breakfast and lunch only and you can order pie any time Punky's is open. I met friends there for breakfast and I ordered a bacon and eggs breakfast that was cooked perfectly. My friends were old timers there and they couldn't wait to order peach pie with ice cream and coffee for their breakfast, too extreme for me but I can vouch for the seductive fragrance of fresh fruit pie mere inches away across the table from me.

Punky's is all good!

Jim N Connie R, Owner at Punky's Diner & Pies, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2016

Thank you for the wonderful review and the fantastic rating. I am so glad that you enjoyed your time at Punky's and hope that you come see us again when you are up this way. Next time you will have to have some pie. Looking forward to seeing you again.