“Mr D”

Real Deal Cafe
Ranked #31 of 322 Restaurants in Medford
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

This place is absoulely great wife had the bluebarry pancakes with orange butter so good I had a denver omelette fantastic and huge portion had to take half of mine home it was so much the staff were very friendly and did a great job this is a good place to go for breakfast you should try it .

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Excellent breakfast, coffee, and service!! My wife had an Omelette and I standard eggs bacon toast hashbrowns - tons of food with amazing flavors and again excellent service

Reviewed 16 March 2018

We regularly have breakfast here, and always walk away happy. The food is plentiful and delicious, service is excellent. Also, I think they limit msg, because those ingredients make my husband feel headachy, and he always feels fine after breakfast here.

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for breakfast and had a good meal. The service was friendly and attentive and the food was tasty.

Reviewed 9 February 2018

Although I have been traveling to Medford monthly for years, this past trip was the first time I tried Real Deal Café. What a pleasure!

It’s an unassuming place, but don’t let that fool you. Walk through the door and you will be made to feel like you just arrived home. I was fortunate enough to have Tana as my server, and like the name of the restaurant, Tana is the Real Deal. She treated me like I was special, and made her job of overseeing about a dozen diners, seem effortless.

Now for the food:
During my first morning visit I tried their special: Banana Pancakes with bacon. I was served two heavenly, fluffy pancakes, each about the circumference of my head! They must have been cooked in clarified butter because each had a very thin ring of crunchy goodness on the edge of each pancake. I always look for this attribute in an excellent pancake.

Each pancake contained enough soft, delicious pieces of banana that I was almost assured of getting one in each bite. Not to be outclassed by the pancakes themselves, this restaurant will serve you regular butter, but opt for their butter infused with maple and orange. It added a bit more complexity to the flavors in the pancake and was a perfect addition. I liked my breakfast so much I had to come back.

The next morning, I was again greeted by Tana who remembered me and brought my coffee and half and half to the table just as I sat down. They offer not only half and half, but also milk, or vanilla flavored half and half, depending on your liking. Heck, it wouldn't surprise me if they also offer soy, almond, or skim milk as well.

I ordered off the menu and settled for their chicken fried stake which also came with hash browns and two eggs. I was not to be disappointed!

I ordered my has browns crispy and was rewarded with a slab of perfectly cooked, crispy on the top, soft and flavorful in the middle, hash browns to die for. I don’t know what kind of chickens they get their eggs from, but I received a huge portion of scrambled eggs. Like hash browns, I am picky about my scrambled eggs. Not undercooked, and not overcooked. These were just right. The only problem was, there was just too much for me to eat before they started to turn cold, and I don’t like cold scrambled eggs.

But the best part of the meal was my steak. Not too thin, and not too thick. It was moist and flavorful on the inside and covered in a very crispy, crunchy envelope of absolute goodness and smothered with gravy that was perfectly smooth with just enough spice and full of large pieces of sausage. Everything was served hot and delicious.

And almost as if Tana had a sixth sense, she was constantly back at my table to refill my coffee just as it got past the half full point.

You pay at the register which overlooks their kitchen. Again, everything was clean and sparkling. Everything was neat and in it’s place, and the folks in the kitchen went about performing their magic as confidently and efficiently as Tana served the customers out front.

If you want a great breakfast cooked to perfection by an excellent staff and served by an amazing server, you really need to try the Real Deal Café, as it is the Real Deal!

Been to Real Deal Cafe? Share your experiences!