“Still shaking my head”
Review of Wiley's Trattoria

Wiley's Trattoria
Ranked #200 of 322 Restaurants in Medford
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Description: Wiley’s has been a local favorite for over 22 years. Serving Organic pasta made fresh daily! A classic Italian pasta shop with a commitment to fresh organic ingredients! Family recipes handed down from original owner Terry Wiley have been perfected down to a science; making Wiley’s newly expanded second location a perfect Brunch, Lunch and Dinner destination.
Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

In visiting this establishment a second time, giving them a second chance, feeling our first encounter may have been a fluke, I must say I wouldn't be so foolish as to give it a third chance.
The reason I gave them ANY stars is the ambience. If they would allow me to bring my own liquor (they didn't have ONE brand I requested (tequila or bourbon nor a WHITE ZINFANDEL wine)
or my own entrée (breakfast or dinner, we were there early and they were all ready OUT of the advertised special) I would go all the time! It's an Italian theme with pictures of Francis and the pack, scenes from the Godfather and familiar tunes playing softly in the background-it's a desirable surrounding.
And then-it comes to a screeching halt.
One of their gimmicks to encourage patronage was to say a specific line from a movie or to name the movie to receive 'the deal' of the night; be it two for one or a free appetizer...cute, right? Not when you say it to your server and they look at you like you're an idiot ! Kind of embarrassing having to explain to your guests AND your server.
As mentioned, it became a joke asking for specific items ( items on the MENU!) and apologetically not being available-
and THEN, the grand finale-trying to pay the bill.
They don't present you with a check.
It's all on tablet.
So when I asked how much a drink had been or questioned the amount of my bill because it seemed steep (they had failed to take off a 'two for one dinner' after being reminded twice.) they couldn't tell me any specific prices until I paid the check and then they could fix the receipt?!?!?
What the ?!?!
I was embarrassed, my friends amused and even more so when I shared my FIRST experience at Wiley's.
If you have the patience of a saint, a flask and bring your own sack lunch, stop by.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

Had a great dinner celebrating our anniversary on a Wednesday evening. Friendly and efficient wait staff. Service was well paced. We both ordered pasta dishes - chicken fettuccine and spaghetti with meatballs; dinner salad had strawberry vinaigrette dressing which was very good. Pasta, sauces and meat were very good. Had house red wine, they weigh the full bottle then weigh it again when you're done, you pay what you drink. Nice atmosphere, oldies music (Sinatra, Bennett, Martin, etc) played in the background. Would definitely return.

Reviewed 5 August 2016

Such a great addition to downtown. Good atmosphere, good music in the background, and best of all, really delicious food. Dad had the warm spinach salad with a porter on tap, mom had chicken alfredo ( huge portion ) and I had the perfect smoked salmon with ravioli. Comes with a nice green salad , bread ,and butter. If you want the house Chianti, they bring the bottle and you can have as much as you like, they just keep track of how many glasses, and charge for the amount you drink..

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

We had a great first visit for lunch during the week, but be forewarned about Sunday brunch and avoid it! Maybe the Sunday Brunch crew isn't ready for prime time? We were the only ones waiting for a seat but we waited nearly ten minutes to be seated. It took an hour for our food to come despite the fact that they were nearly empty. Not a word of "how are you doing" or "sorry for the wait" or "can we offer you a coffee" from our server while we waited. My husband's frittata and potatoes were burned, as was my toast. His toast was cold and barely toasted. My scrambled eggs and bacon were yummy, but everything on both our plates was jammed on a small plates with little care. Everyone had left the place by the time our food came. Then, despite saying they were open until 2, they turned away three parties looking to be seated at 1:40 p.m. and turned off the music while we were still finishing our meal, giving us the "bum's rush." It felt like we had inconvenienced them all by dining there. Someone needs to give further training on pacing in the kitchen and server etiquette for challenging situations.

Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

Wanted to check out Wiley's since they opened in Medford. Late weeknight stop found it quiet. Brittany was so nice & helpful. She will definitely be an asset to the business. Loved the decor of red/white check tablecloths. Pictures of famous crooners & their music in the background made a most pleasant evening. The cold, crisp salad with fresh bread was a great start. My friend really enjoyed his Walnut Pesto pasta with Smoked Salmon. I tried old- fashioned spaghetti & meatballs. Pasta was fresh & al dente', meatballs so tender & plentiful marinara sauce. We both had leftovers for another meal. Will definitely return.

Been to Wiley's Trattoria? Share your experiences!