“Easy to see, a challenge to get to... still a great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Inn North

Comfort Inn North
Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Easy to see, a challenge to get to... still a great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2007

As others have written, the "Lodge Access Road" is not obvious to the first timer. My advice is to get on Biddle Road either north or just south of the hotel.

From I-5 (north or south bound) get off at exit 30 and head East. You'll see a sign that says "Biddle Road/Airport". Get onto this access road. The Northbound exit will merge with the US-62 East offramp. Take a right at the light and go UNDER US-62. The "Lodge Access Road" will be immediately to your right.

If you're West bound on US-62 (returning from Crater Lake NP), take the "Biddle Road/Airport" offramp. You'll end up at a light. Take a left then take a left again into the "Lodge Access Road". If you go under US-62 you went too far and will need to turn around.

Upon a late Check In the Hotel Clerk was friendly and very courteous. The double bedded room was big and spacious. The beds were very comfortable. The bathrooms were clean and bigger than I would have expected. Breakfast is the same across all, if not most, of the Comfort Inns which includes make-your-own waffles, dry cereals, muffins, breads for toasting, limited Danishes, and Oatmeal to name some items.

One reason I chose this Comfort Inn is that I read in another review that the other Comfort Inn down the highway does not provide a fridge or microwave. I did not verify the other review. Another reason is that this hotel has relatively easy access to US-62 (Crater Lake Hwy) and I-5.

Closest restaurants and shopping are just due west of the I-5/US-62 intersection. There is a major dept store south (and across) of this Comfort Inn. Other shopping areas are located on US-62 east of this hotel.

If I were to visit Medford again, I would most probably stay here mainly for the easy access to the 2 main highways.

• Liked — Easy access to two major freeways/highways.
  • Disliked — Confusing street design!!! What were the Transportation Planners thinking of???!!!
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with friends
1 Thank hawaiian-kine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2007

Our family took in unexpected trip to Oregon and didn't have time to check out motels on TripAdvisor before leaving. Let me say that I am glad we didn't do any research because we would have never chosen the Comfort Inn.

CHECK-IN: We arrived without a reservation and were greated by a wonderful clerk. She gave us adjoining rooms at a decent price.

ROOM: EXCELLENT!! Very clean and fairly comfy beds. The room had a nice-sized refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and safe. The air conditioner was much quieter than most. Our only compaint...the couple next door to us had "relations" at 4:00 a.m. in the morning and we could hear them, along with their bed banging against our wall. Thankfully, it didn't last very long.

FACILITIES: In-door pool. Very clean. Had a nice, clean bathroom located next to the lobby/breakfast room. Elevator to upper floors!!!! They have a computer that is available for use. It worked faster than the one I have at home and came in very handy when trying to find info about our next destination.

COMP BREAKFAST: MUCH better than most. We were able to make our own belgium waffles. YUM. Cereal, yogurt, pasteries, toast, juice, fresh fruit, packaged oatmeal, coffee, tea, cocoa.

STAFF: The staff was very nice, but I give BIG kudos to the motel manager. At 1:00 a.m. there were a bunch of partying college students on a veranda, across from our motel room. They were LOUD!! I called down and spoke to the clerk, who I found out later was the manager. She said she would take care of it. Within 3 minutes, the noise completely ceased!! During breakfast, I asked for the manager to tell her how pleased I was at the how quickly the problem had been taken care of. She said she had done it for us by calling over to the restaurant/bar where the kids were partying. I was STUNNED! Talk about service. After a fifteen minute conversation, it became clear why this Comfort Inn is so good...the manager takes pride in what she does.

I HIGHLY recommend staying here if you are staying in Medford.

• Liked — The manager and facilities
  • Disliked — A little difficult to get in and out of, but no big deal
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank 1happydisneygirl
Lebanon, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2007

This hotel seemed to fit the bill for my Holiday travels. It was in a great location close to the interstate and town itself and provided us with a great room.

The asian lady who checked us in at night was VERY unfriendly, however, when all was said and done and we got to the room, we were more then delighted. Spacious bathrooms, tall ceilings, very clean room, everything you could ask for out of a comfort inn.

The breakfast in the morning was kind of a drag because it was the same thing each day of our stay. They didn't switch it up like they do in some of the other Comfort Inns.

During my second day, I got the pleasure to meet the General manager who came out to the breakfast room to talk to the guests and get a feel for how our stays have been.

She was SOOO nice. She told us how they were planning on having some renovation done soon to expand the breakfast rooms and add some suites? Also, she mentioned something about a new entrance to the property. I would ask her before coming that way you dont run into any noise problems.

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay. It's not a Hilton or Marriott, but it was just right and some for the price.

B+

• Liked — Excellent room condition, very roomy!
  • Disliked — Check in, how hard it was to get to the property
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled as a couple
1 Thank numba1goalie
LA, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2006

Others have brought up how it's difficult to get to. That's the least of it. In a few years, I'm sure this place will be a family joke!

It took my 3yo about 5 seconds to find a sharp screw coming out of the wall, which he presented to me.

There is no guest laundry. The front desk staff can't tell you where a laundromat is (and think you're weird for needing to go). The room door was so heavy my 6yo almost squashed himself in it (so I guess it's the walls that have no soundproofing?).

The staff gave us one of the rooms next to the (very cold) indoor pool. We had a reservation and checked in before dinnertime. We listened to people yelling in the pool until 10 (and the pool is open til midnight). Then we listened to the pool filter going on and off all night. Then at 6am the dumpster truck came. At 6:05 people started getting ice from the ice machine (right outside our door). At 6:15 the construction at the motel next door began. There are 2 heavy sleepers in our family, yet both got no sleep here. We all left exhausted.

This motel has a standard Comfort Inn disclaimer in the room about how if you're not happy with your room you get a full refund. They do not honor this--in fact, they "couldn't believe" our room was so loud.

• Liked — The hot tub
  • Disliked — The noise and rude staff
  • Tips/Secrets — Pick a different motel!
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
3 Thank dreebee

Travellers are raving about these Medford hotels

Seattle, WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2006

This Comfort Inn is a decent accomodation at a reasonable price -- clean rooms, refrigerators, internet access, etc. -- but as the previous reviewer noted, it's impossible to get to. It's unbelievable to me how the city chose to realign traffic patterns; there HAD to be a better option.

None the less, this is how to get to the Inn when exiting off I-5: Take a left at Bullocks and make a U turn (yup -- everyone else is doing it too.) Take a right turn that immediately puts you into a right turn only lane. Take this first right turn (if you don't you'll end up crossing the freeway) and glide past the Comfort Inn; it's right there but you can't get in! Follow this road around the block to the light. Take a left and then take the SECOND left hand turn lane (past the Motel 6) to the access road to that leads to both the Comfort Inn and the Rogue Regency.

Getting gas the next morning presented the same insane U turn necessity to get back to the freeway or highway 62. Medford is effectively telling travellers NOT to use this freeway off ramp for any kind of commerce. I certainly will avoid it in the future.

• Tips/Secrets — Follow my directions to get to the Inn!
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled as a couple