Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Comfort InnUS$201
PricelineUS$201
FindHotelUS$201
Hotels.comUS$201
Expedia.comUS$201
Lol.travelUS$243
All reviews waffles nice pool and hot tub restful night breakfast room one night stay comfortable beds parking lot first floor convenient location clarion housekeeper pet
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 February 2020 via mobile

We bought this hotel as a stopover between Portland and Sacramento and was pleasantly surprised. I chose it for the indoor pool and that it's pet friendly. The lady who checked us in was great even gave my chihuahua a greeting bag with a bone. The room was pretty cramped and the ac rumbled and showed its age but seriously nbd. The place was clearly very clean, everytime I came down to the lobby people were gracious and keeping it super clean. Also free breakfast with eggs, bacon, waffles was a pleasant surprise. Oh almost forgot to mention the bed was good ( and I'm super picky due to pillowtop at home)

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Stephanie C, General Manager at Comfort Inn South, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2020

Hello Carmen!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with and fellow travelers regarding your recent trip to Southern Oregon. We appreciate your business and value your feedback. Wow! I will share your comments with our staff and it will serve as encouragement to continue to strive for excellence. We want all of guests to feel welcome, wanted and respected, that includes furry family members! We would love to welcome you again should you be passing back through. Again thank you for taking the time to leave such a great detailed review we truly appreciate it! Take Care.

Reviewed 1 February 2020

Stay here often when in Medford , handy location to shops and food. Great hotel with clean rooms, good amenities nice pool and hot tub. Warm simple breakfast in the morning. Beds are comfortable, good internet and outlet placement for working and CPAP if you use one. Nice helpful staff. I recommend staying here to anyone looking for a good hotel at a fair rate.

Room tip: First floor by pool and hot tub is nice for sure.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Jeff,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and experience with us and fellow travelers regarding your recent stay. We truly appreciate when our guests take the time to write a review. We are always striving to provide nothing but the best for our guests. Our prime location is always something we hear about, because we are centrally located to just about everything here in town, it makes getting food, going to appointments or shopping simple. We strive to provide a home away from home for all of our guests. Our staff love getting to know our returning guests, its always nice to see familiar faces. It was truly our pleasure to have you stay with us again, and we hope to see you again soon!

Take Care.

Reviewed 14 January 2020

I stay at choice hotels often because they’re known for their cleanliness, I won’t go to another when I come in town to visit my daughter and grandkids. Front desk greeted me with a smile, lobby and room and breakfast room were extremely clean. I used to clean for a living so I take cleanliness very seriously. Breakfast had a large and nutritious selection, as I struggle with my blood sugar. Coming in to the hotel you smell clean immediately, i absolutely loved this about the comfort inn south. I left my housekeeper a ten dollar tip because I have not seen a hotel room cleaned with such care, I thanked the head housekeeper personally. I used to stay at clarion but I decided to give this one a try and I think this is where I will be going each time!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Julia,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and fellow travelers regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We truly appreciate when our guests take the time to write a review. We use our reviews to learn from, make improvements when necessary and it is always nice to see and hear that your hard work gets noticed. Our staff strive to provide nothing but the best and we love when our guests truly enjoy their stay. We hope that your visit with your grandbabies was wonderful and we cant wait to have you come stay with us again! It was truly our pleasure to have you as our guest. Take Care.

Reviewed 7 January 2020

We have been staying at Comfort Inn for the past several years, as they have always offered consistently good value and experience. This weekend changed that for us in every way.

We paid for a 4-night stay at Comfort Inn South Medford, OR. On the third day we ran an early errand, arriving back at the hotel around 6:00am. As we parked in the hotel lot, a man approached us in the dark and refused to identify himself, aggressively demanding to know if we were guests. We've been coming and going for three days at this point, and now someone is challenging us, as if we aren't allowed on the property. I was waving a room key the entire time he was arguing with my husband over our rights to use the parking and room we paid for.

I went into the lobby to find out who he was. Antonio, with half-bleached hair and a violent, demeaning attitude, continued to abuse me after I had asked for his name. He said that he had seen our truck parked in the lot for days and it was his job to know if it belonged there. I reminded him that he could have checked the hotel records. He waved at a small stack of papers and declared that he "doesn't have time to look through ALL THAT". I am a conventional-looking female at least twice his age; he yelled at me and used the F word multiple times. I told him not to speak to me in that way and he pointed out the camera recording the scene. I said, "Good, I hope it records audio because it will clearly show you swearing at me and raising your voice." He ended the conversation by saying "F--- you people" as I exited the lobby for our room.

I called the corporate office immediately. Two agents assured me that they would process a refund if the hotel did not do so upon checkout.

Monday morning came and as we were taking our belongings to the truck, housekeeping invaded our room prior to checkout time. We came back for the rest of our stuff to find the woman cleaning the sink and counter with water she was dipping out of the toilet. We asked her to leave while we gathered the rest of our things and left as quickly as possible.

At the front desk, Juan (who is also disdainful, rude, and combative) informed us that the manager was out of the office on personal leave. No idea when she would return. There was no assistant manager or any other senior staff who could help us. We left the property and called the corporate line again.

Despite earlier claims, the corporate team cannot issue any refunds, only a general manager or owner at the property can do that. The rep would not tell me when Stephanie would return, and he refused to provide us any way to contact the property owner, George Lam, who is the only other person who could resolve this issue. The agent contacted the property and informed me that the clerk at the desk (Juan) stated that there would be no refund. He has no authority to make that decision, but it somehow became binding upon his say-so.

I'd like Ms. Cordova or Mr. Lam to review the security footage and process a full refund for the abuse we received from Antonio. While a Stephanie C. has responded to many reviews with offers of refunds or upgrades, I've yet to see any reviewers respond that they actually received something. The corporate office rep said he left a message for Ms. Cordova to contact us. I'm still waiting.

For those concerned about the local homeless population: many people do sleep in their cars around the area, including this hotel's parking lot. It's obvious they know that the hotel staff isn't taking action to assure guest safety, because several cars with sleeping occupants were present at the moment he confronted us. My husband pointed them out, and Antonio had no interest in checking their credentials or moving them along. Please use caution in the parking lot, especially if employees approach after dark.

Date of stay: January 2020
Stephanie C, General Manager at Comfort Inn South, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2020

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and fellow travelers regarding your stay at our hotel.

On behalf of the entire staff I do apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Unfortunately yes I was out of the office as my daughter was mercy flighted up to Portland, the staff did not know when I would be back. I do respond to my guests reviews as promptly as possible. When I do offer upgrades or refunds the guest cannot respond back they have to contact me back at the hotel. I cannot excuse the behavior of what was done. I can only apologize and let you know that I have addressed this and it will not happen again. I do ask my staff to watch and monitor the parking lot, we do issue parking lot passes so I don’t know if this also played into the confusion. Our hotel is located right next to the veterans park which is a public park so we have had issues where our parking lot is used and we have to ask people to please move so we have room for our guests, it is not meant to make anyone feel uncomfortable or unwelcome but rather the opposite of that, because we do care about our guests and their safety. I have been at this property for 14 years now and running the property for 4 years, I also started as a housekeeper I can assure that we do not use toilet water to clean our rooms. I do understand that you will most likely not stay with our property again, but I hope that this does not deter you from staying with the comfort inn brand, there are several properties that are quite wonderful. I will be in the office this next week and I will call you to discuss what can be done. I hope that your trip through southern Oregon was beautiful And I hope that you had a wonderful holiday season. Kind Regards.

Reviewed 12 November 2019

Comfortable, good value and convenient location. Advertised as pet friendly and it was--my Corgi was welcomed and greeted as warmly as I was. He and I had a very restful night and were ready for the day ahead when we left the next morning.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Stephanie C, General Manager at Comfort Inn South, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2019

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experience with us and fellow travelers regarding your recent stay. We truly appreciate your kind words, we are always working to improve and make sure each and every one of our guests including the furry family members enjoy their stay! We know how important it is to get a good nights sleep to start your day. It was truly our pleasure to have you and your corgi as our guests, we hope to see you both again soon!

Take Care,