Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,109 results
All reviews front desk ocean view beach access private balcony gas fireplace beach front oceanfront room king bed coffee maker room was clean and comfortable get away mermaid pits casino sand microwave couch
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 August 2020

I made a reservation 5 weeks before the trip. For some reason, hotel staff waited for 3.5 weeks before reviewing the number of reservations in their hand and they canceled ours days before the trip. I am seeing that hotel is open those days. Why our booking was canceled but other reservations not? Why they waited 3.5 weeks to make any action? I didn't get any explanations or apology. They could review reservations daily and cancel it them right away before waiting for weeks. Now we have just days left and our alternatives are way more expensive at this time. Stay away from this hotel at all costs.

Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank Baha D
Courtney Centeno, General Manager at Surftides Lincoln City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2020

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your beach getaway, I apologize that we had to cancel your reservation on short notice. It should have been more clearly conveyed to you during the cancellation process that the reason for cancelling was not due to an overbooking that had been overlooked for weeks, but was due to the need to close more than 65 rooms here on the property. We have found that maintaining all 140+ rooms to the level we consider to be necessary during these times, is not doable with our current staffing levels. We felt it was safer for our guests and staff both, to close those rooms and focus on making sure the remainder of our rooms were cleaned in a manner that was satisfactory and did not put anyone at risk. We are hopeful that in the near future we will be able to hire and train additional staff and we will be able to accommodate all future reservations. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and we hope you will be able to visit us in the future when circumstances are different.

Reviewed 6 August 2020

Our family booked Room 216 and overall was happy with it. It is right next to the beach access stairway, the balcony overlooks the beach on one side and has the fire pits just outside the door. The room was considered a King Suite with a bedroom with a king bed and the main room with another king bed and a futon. The amenities were ok, this is an older hotel so its not fancy but with kids was fine. The main problem was the coffee maker; the first didn't have all the parts, the second one was "mismatched" from the carafe to the actual body, the third was a k-cup style and wouldn't pump the water :-(. We found the front desk to be courteous and responsive when needing extra towels, etc. The convenience was excellent and the hotel met our needs but wasn't fancy.

1  Thank Mike K
Reviewed 4 August 2020

Front staff was nice... but that’s the only positive. We got a room with full sized beds when it was suppose to be queen sized..we are a family of 5! I had to go and buy air mattresses for my kids .... We were approved for a late checkout and the manager didn’t want to honor it until I showed her the email I got saying it was approved but she complained about it! The rooms were hot which would have been fine With the sliding door open but my children were being exposed to very very strong weed smell and had to close it and when I called to complain, they said they would take care if it and no one bothered to check with us or ask if the situation was any better! And finally, the restaurant was the worst. The hostess was so rude that people actually got up to leave! It was not very busy but it took way to long to order and get our order. Your staff there doesn’t want to be there and that was very obvious! Never again! Oh and I think the county would like to know that they allowed people in and out of the lobby with no mask.. The front desk was too afraid to enforce it. Great location, terrible service!

1  Thank MarissaP317
Reviewed 31 July 2020

Management has changed at Surftides. Our family has been coming here for 20+ years and over the past year they have removed several amenities that are pretty basic and some that were pretty special to Surftides. And this was happening way before COVID.

They don't make lovely, hot chocolate chip cookies in the evening any more. No more wine tastings in the afternoon.

They removed the fresh coffee in the lobby along with DVD's, wine and other snacks for purchase. Even Motel 8 has fresh coffee in the lobby! The rooms now have these super cheap coffee makers that DO NOT WORK. You have to push the start button about 8 to 10 times to get your cup full - it's just weird and it hasn't worked the past 3 times we were there.

The staff was very disgruntled on our visit in late 2019 and they feel that management is spending money on the wrong stuff. Our room was dirty, coffee maker and fireplace broken in 2019. The manager wouldn't credit that visit, but did give us 2 nights at a special rate. When we tried to use this special, the new "management" refused to honor the deal. In scrolling through other deals, I found this is a common problem with Surftides. So, if they offer you a "future" deal, don't take it. Make them apply the credit to your current stay.

It's a shame - it's a nice hotel, rooms are nice, right on the beach. We won't be returning until we find that they have upped their game back to the basics of an ocean front hotel charging $200++ per night

Date of stay: June 2020
1  Thank anitaw263
Jennifer Cho, Owner at Surftides Lincoln City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2020

Good afternoon Mrs. Anna Maloney,

Thank you for your review and for the feedback. I apologize you had a less than stellar experience with us. We are complying with state and county mandates, therefore lawfully- we are not allowed to serve food and beverages in our lobby, or have DVD’s, or even newspapers in our public spaces. Of course- how can we expect our guests to know, therefore it has been a struggle for us business owners to give exceptional customer service when our hands are tied on trying to provide certain amenities, and avoid misunderstandings. Luckily we have a full service restaurant and Phase I allows us to share food and beverages with our guests. Our ownership has been the same for 50+ years, therefore managers who may be different from your previous stay from your most current, are all under our direction. I was informed of your deal made by a former employee and decided to honor that. I was also present at the point of check in when Mr. Maloney was there to extend that deal. I heard the entire conversation.

I am very sorry to hear you are disappointed with our amenity changes, but I believe businesses need to evolve for success. I’m sorry you and Mr. Maloney feel we took away certain things, but our other guests love what we have done, appreciate the changes, and the thoughtful details. Changes must be done for future success, as it refreshes the business and shows that the owners care by trying new things and being innovative. If you would like to reach out, please do so at jcho@surftideshotel.com.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I appreciate your thoughtful review,

Jennifer Cho
Managing Director

Reviewed 20 July 2020

On the beach great location. However wifi was weak and unusable, and front desk had no solution. Coffee maker was broke. Noisy unless you left window to beach open and surf sound masked noise. Restaurant way overpriced.

Date of stay: July 2020
Courtney Centeno, General Manager at Surftides Lincoln City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2020

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I can assure you that we do not take things like this lightly. I apologize the front desk was not more helpful and did not come up with a solution for the wifi. I would love to discuss your stay with you further. Please feel free to contact me when you have a chance.

Courtney Centeno