Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$88
Hotels.comUS$88
PricelineUS$88
eDreamsUS$88
TravelocityUS$88
CheapTicketsUS$88
All reviews full kitchen west shore large flat screen tv older place ocean view top floor dvd player firewood bedroom fireplace beach dog stairs deck pet toaster surf
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 October 2020

This is an old hotel, in less than ideal shape. But for the price, it is fine. We had 2 bedrooms, kitchen and living room, the large flat screen TV worked but we couldn't adjust the volume. There is a DVD player, but we didn't try it out. The kitchen and bathroom were clean. The carpet is old, think, and worn, but the room smelled fine.

There are no pots and pans, which I knew from reading a prior review, so I brought a pan. There is a coffee pot that looked brand new. Bring your own coffee and filters. The stove, refrigerator and microwave worked fine. There are a few plates, mismatched cups, flat ware, spatula and wine opener.

The bedrooms are very dated, and the furniture old, but again, for a place to bring your kids and dogs, it was fine. The walls are thin, and you can hear the people upstairs when they walk around. The bed squeaks really loud. There are steep steps down to the ocean, but not as bad as some hotels. The beach is sandy and clean, and a great place for pets and kids to play.

We were on the second floor, room 6. We had no contact with staff, they left the key under the doormat (covid rules I guess) and that worked out fine.

Reviewed 24 October 2020 via mobile

I have loved coming to the west shore motel for 20 years... when it changed hands the device has gone down hill and they have not kept up the motel.
I broke my foot and asked if I could be accommodated to a lower floor room because they do not have an elevator and was told no.. we asked for an extra table they said bring your own. We checked in the motel offers “free” WiFi and in our check in packet there was a note with the wi if password that basically said it’s a free service if you can connect great if you can’t tough luck don’t complain it’s a free service. We will not be staying there again.

1  Thank traveler97007
Reviewed 24 October 2020 via mobile

This place was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. There was pubic looking hair all over the toilet, and the bed. Also there is no heat, we were always freezing. And the front desk woman was so rude. I have worked in customer service my entire life and how rude she was blew my mind. They messed up my reservation there and decided that someone else would be in my room the last night! They booked my last night there! They forced themselves into my room and made me pack my stuff. The office lady was of course there and did not handle the situation well at all. the office was also never open if you needed a towel or extra toilet paper. I would not reccomend this place for families at all.

2  Thank Kfolden135
Reviewed 24 August 2020

I'm no stranger to beach hotels. I've actually stayed at most of the places along the street of where Westshore is located but they were all booked up so I thought I'd give this place a try. First, the bathroom. If you decide to stay at Westshore with someone you love, I hope you're at a point in your relationship where they don't mind listening to you do your business because the bathroom fan was broken. The sink backed up when we used it. Plunging it just made some weird grey stuff bubble up so we gave up on that endeavor. The bathtub also slowly backed up when taking a shower so make sure you bring plenty of athletes foot spray with you or maybe some rain boots. The table and furniture had a weird stickiness too it. Even the paneling felt sandy and dirty. The furniture was reminiscent of the couch your friends would put out on their porch when they rented their first house in their 20's. The floor was sandy from the previous occupants. The bed. Oh god, the bed. It sunk in the middle and was probably the worst night of sleep I've ever had in any hotel ever... and I've slept in some terrible hotels in my time. Even the complimentary firewood that was left was damp and impossible to start a fire with. I've told my wife that whatever this place cost to book, spend more next time for a better place, I'm done with shady hotels like this place. I've found that there are two types of beach hotels, ones that make an effort to be clean and modern and in good repair, and then those that don't care about their facilities or cleanliness because they have an oceanfront view so who cares. This place is 100% the latter. Gross, broken, and the owners don't care because people will still pay up.

Room tip: Stay at any number of the other hotels on the same street.
Date of stay: August 2020
2  Thank Leg0z111
Reviewed 20 August 2020 via mobile

First off I read a review from a year ago stating this place was supposed to be remodeled fall of 2019. Didn’t happen. This place looks like it hasn’t been touched in 50 years. Curtains are torn to shreds in the living room, carpet is torn. Furniture looks like something out of a garbage pile and is horribly uncomfortable, I didn’t even want to sit on it honestly. I would dare walk barefoot in here. The bathroom is nasty old and mildewed. I will never stay here again. I usually stay in nice places down here, but have stayed in my share of older “beachy” places and have no problem with them, but this is just bad!! The outside is just as bad, the paint is peeling, holes in the carpets on the stairs, bottoms of siding chewed up. What happened to
The remodel?