2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$244
CheapTicketsUS$244
FindHotelUS$244
TravelocityUS$244
Orbitz.comUS$244
TripadvisorUS$244
All reviews ocean view beach access front office flat screen tv full kitchen stairs dog motel coast microwave stairway cereal fireplace
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 April 2021

I stayed here in the past and the experience was not too bad. This time I stayed again on 3/13-14/2021. The first night we stay in a room that was supposedly renovated. They tore the carpet out and put laminate floor. My feet were cold the whole time I walked around and my 3 year old said the same thing. We both had socks on. The internet was mostly nonexistent which made it very inconvenient. The kitchen had no bowls and we ate cereals out of gigantic 30 oz glass mugs. That’s all there was. The next night we switched rooms at second level in hope that the internet would work better. Wishful thinking. Nonexistent again. It had the carpet (the nerve to request a carpet, right?). Unfortunately it was very stained and the room was very dated. Yes it had flat screen tv. Is that supposed to be a luxury? The tube TVs went down the dinosaur way long ago, so our expectation is to actually have a flat screen in proper order and with a working remote control! It’s 2021!
I love how hotels advertise “flat screen tv and private bathroom”. I mean, as supposed to what?? It’s a hotel, not a B&B!
The very dated room was not the worst of it. It had an armchair that swiveled around and when I sat down in it and leaned on the back of the chair, the armchair tipped over entirely not only did it scare my toddler but I hit the back of my head pretty bad on the wall! The damn chair was broken and they didn’t even bother replacing it! For the next unaware visitor: It’s room number 225! I hope this review will make them do something about it! had a headache all night! What if it was my toddler trying to sit in it? For $155? So expensive!
Their idea of “upgrading and remodeling” consists in replacing the carpet in some of the rooms and putting laminate floors and call it goods.
To say that I’m highly disappointed, that’s the understatement of the century! The only amazing thing was the beautiful, unobstructed view of the ocean . Was it worth the expensive price and the actual bad headache all night? No. There are many ocean view hotels and motels in Lincoln City for less money . Try Siletz Bay. That’s my next place to stay.

Room tip: I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone! So expensive!
Date of stay: April 2021
2  Thank Flyer391529
Reviewed 3 April 2021

This has got to be the worst hotel/vacation rental I have ever stayed at. I am enclosing photos. On the phone you get lots of promises. In actuality I did not receive maid service for 3 weeks of our approximate stay. Upon arrival, the TV and internet was not working. Either was the remote. For a senior to have to climb on a chair to use the TV is ridiculous. The buttons were about 6'. Also upon arrival. There was no closet or dresser, there was no table. I was staying for about 30 days.... really? The room was filthy, I have photos. The mattress pad was urine stained, the large dust bunnies under the bed and furniture, hair on the toilet and bathtub. We had ants. I bought the bug spray. I bought garbage liners, toilet paper. Kleenex, cleaning products and many other things. I was assured these items were part of the package as well as maid service. When I complained. I was told I had to pay for that. Ridiculous! Also there was not a working smoke alarm. The view. They showed and the beach access was not truthful in my opinion. Even the manager said you would have to be a mountain goat to get to the beach. Dog poop all over the place. One cleaner walked around with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth with headphones and another stood in the parking lot reading his phone. I will show pictures of the view, and many others of the room itself. They did finally put up a shelf, I have photos of that also with the plastic ties. The dresser we bought glue and repaired it.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Katzedphil
Reviewed 24 November 2020

My husband and I arrived on Saturday the 26th for a coast trip and to celebrate a belated anniversary. I usually ask to go see a room prior to completely checking in, however this time we just wanted to check in and go eat dinner.

But we used the restroom and unloaded our cooler bag to the fridge. As I loaded the drinks, I noticed there was a long black hair along the inside of the refrigerator And as I was telling my husband what I had found he said there were long black hairs all over in the bathtub and on the floor in the bathroom. I also checked and noticed the microwave had food reside inside it as well. I would want to cook my food in that.

I took some pictures and I went into the front office and I asked if they had cleaning products or someway to change a room possibly because it did not look like it was thoroughly cleaned.
The lady at the front desk said she could have someone come in and clean it but when we had checked in she said that housekeeping could not come into the rooms once someone was checked in (because of COVID) but we also didn’t want anyone going into the room once our stuff was in there. They offered to let me check out the room directly above us and I was really not impressed with that room either the rugs had a lot of stains in them so we opted just to try and stay in the one below but not take showers, or use the fridge or microwave.

SO, we left quickly for dinner because we were starving from a long road trip and didn’t want to deal with that anymore.

When we came back, we pulled down the sheets and there are a lot of black hairs -human or dog hair in the white bedsheets (not going to lay our heads in that) so we went to the front desk again and mentioned we would not like to stay there after all because the room was thoroughly not clean enough.

An Asian lady came into the room and Basically told us not to try that again like we were trying to get out of our room. But why stay in a room where you can’t sleep, shower or eat because of uncleanliness? SO we asked for a refund and we started to call around for another place to stay. My husband was talking to her while I was on the phone.

She accused him of lying to try and get out of receiving reimbursement – We said we have blonde hair and NOT like we put those hairs in there….
she left for a minute and then came back and kicked us out or the room. She didn’t even give us time to try to find a new place to stay she basically said get out -get out now - now you need to leave!! So we grabbed all of our items (all still in our bags) and left!
she was completely out of line and rude!

The other lady that was there upon check-in was on the other hand a little bit more decent, nice and tried to fix the problem. But overall not a pleasant stay at all!

I have more than 20 years in Lodge and resort hospitality and never have I ever felt like the way I was treated by your Asian lady with short hair.

My husband and I are going to share this horrible review because we never plan on staying at the Seahorse again because of that experience with her. We stayed there a few years before - no problems but this time really unimpressed us and I cannot believe you have that lady working for you. I wouldn’t want her to run any kind of business for me.

Regards –
Angela and Joe

Date of stay: September 2020
2  Thank angelap78softgolf
Reviewed 31 October 2020

Yeah know, for $400 I kind of expect more. We stayed for Halloween weekend and got the spa king room.
I'm sorry, but this was just not worth it to us.
-My first big complaint is the fact that the hotels hot tube and pool were closed. I specifically booked this hotel for their hot tube!! And it was no where stated on their website that it was going to be closed. That set my mood for this hotel.
-The spa tub was supposed to be big enough for 2 people. Maybe 2 toddler size adults. I am 5'6" and it perfect size for me, by myself. The water pressure was nonexistent. Took 30+ minutes to fill.
-The bathroom shower was just one big joke. It was scalding hot (literally no medium or cold temp) and again, no water pressure. And took a solid 10 minutes to heat up the water.
-The bed was so uncomfortable. And I swear they draped a hideous embroidered curtain on the bed and tried to sell it as a blanket.
-The mini fridge had no temp gage and so nothing was able to get cold.
-There is clearly water damage to the ceiling and they attempted to repair it, or so it seemed. But it was bad.
-at 9 am on a Saturday morning, their maintenance guy was drilling in the room next to ours. Talk about a rude awakening.
-The view was beautiful. My only positive note.

I don't recommend this place

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2020

This is the second time we've stayed with the Seahorse. You can't beat the view, and as luck would have it we were in the same room as our previous visit. It may be the start of a tradition! Our room had a balcony and a fireplace where we fell asleep to the sounds of the waves lapping against the shore.

We like this location so much that we used it as our home base while we travelled the central coast. Again it was money well spent. New memories were made and we already look forward to visiting again.

Room tip: spent the extra dollars and get the room with the balcony and fireplace!
Date of stay: September 2020