All reviews continental breakfast hot tub romance suite great view indoor pool corner room beach access oregon coast hotels in lincoln city bit dated the king size bed office staff wi fi view of the ocean living room flat screen tv great room
Reviewed 2 September 2018

So difficult to find "decent" beach side lodging w/o paying $200 + night.
Came across this place "on line" - rate was $98 + applicable taxes, = $120.
Great rate, very poor accommodations. I believe I traded in Sept., so maybe the rates were a tad lower then, not sure.

I chose a ground floor and thankfully my neighbors all around were quiet.
However, at this rate, I think I got one of the "lower end rooms".
Only thing "new and freshly" updated was the bathroom, everything else, very, very, tired and of thrift store quality. Crappy soaps and shampoos and towels were small and rough.

I will say the bed was very, very comfortable but the linens were knobby and old.

Decent room lighting.

The set up for the Microwave, Coffee Maker and Frig, everything was stacked on each other, creating a lot of "slip and slide". Thankfully enough counter space to move the coffee pot to the counter. But if you used the microwave it would start to slide off the frig.

They were having a lot of trouble with cable, so TV was quite spotty for the 4 nights I stayed there. Guess this had been an ongoing issue.

As another guest had mentioned, there was no fan or A/C. Hence to ventilation. Room was stuffy and smelled of mildew. Room wasn't spotlessly clean, but I never go barefoot in hotels any more.

The lower small "slider windows" had no screens and when they were closed you could not lock them. There wasn't even a "window stick". I should say 1 window had a screen but it was ripped and torn and hanging from the window.

The one "so called fancier rocker type chair" was so old, when you sat down, you were 2 feet below the actual table top.

The parking lot is a parking nightmare. Inches to spare pulling in and pulling out. Especially when someone parks "in front of their floor unit", which there were a few spots like that.

The indoor pool was really nice and I wish I had taken more advantage of that.

The walk down to the beach really wasn't that bad, no memory of how many steps, but really not that bad.

The lobby is very nice, but frankly, I'm not staying in the lobby.

Next trip, I will seek other accommodations.

Room tip: End rooms tend to be away from the hustle and bustle. If you can afford a room with a kitchen of sorts, the quality may be a bit better.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
OregonSeaHorse, General Manager at Seahorse Oceanfront Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Thank you for your detailed review, we appreciate you letting us know how your stay was and areas that we can continue to improve upon. I am sorry to hear that you felt as though you received a lower end room, however all of our bedding has been updated as well as all of our lower room flooring. We do continue to make improvements to our property, and appreciate this feedback.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

After not finding a room for under $350 Saturday night, I came across this place. The pictures on the website are very deceiving. I tried to have a nice weekend away to get some fresh air and travel down the coast with my dog, but unfortunately this place left me exhausted for the trek home the next day. The walls are paper thin. I heard entire conversations from every direction. The people above me had loud kids until 2 am. And then again at 6 am. The room had no air/no air flow, and has a musty smell. The bathroom didn’t feel clean. All in all, you get what you pay for, but after $194 and no sleep.... I would not stay here again. The plus is, it is oceanfront, but not all of the rooms are. And the staff was very nice.

But it’s on a cliff and there is at least 4-5 flights of stairs to get back up if you go down. Good luck! Maybe I just had a bad room.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Jaime D
OregonSeaHorse, General Manager at Seahorse Oceanfront Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry that the other guest's conversations had kept you up, and we do our very best to try and alert the other guests when receiving any noise complaints. Yes some of our economy rooms offered at a lower rate are Not oceanfront, but once you step out of the building there is the ocean view. We are very sorry to hear that for you the stay was not enjoyable, but appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed 16 August 2018

This place is very high on a cliff and I counted 131 steps so make sure you can handle that part. The first thing I noticed was a used washcloth hanging over the shower nozzle. The paper towel holder was very rickety so I used a knife and tightened the screw. When I went to use the stove the small burner wouldn't get hot. The coils were just laying on the foil lined (dirty) tray and was not plugged in. The lack of attention to detail such as these is what makes me say I will look elsewhere. Plus there is basically no ventilation in the room. The low windows open up about 6" and there are no screens. So many places at the coast do this and it is so annoying, especially with a stovetop. There should be overhead fans. They use the cheapest paper towels I have ever come across and they cut the sponges in half! Really? There is no strainer or colander for the kitchenette. It would be a great idea if they put a broom and dust pan in each room since there is so much sand tracked in and we did not want housekeeping service the 3 days we were there. I borrowed one each day. The parking lot is very difficult to navigate backing out and getting in if you have a bigger size vehicle. There was a very loud family above us that the kids must've been running and jumping back and forth till 11:30pm. That is always annoying to have loud neighbors upstairs. The king size bed was very comfortable. Would be nice to have an extra blanket available. This place cuts corners I think wherever possible so I won't come back. Just not worth the $150+ at all, especially with dirty linen and the guest fixing things. Maybe we just got the neglected room

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
OregonSeaHorse, General Manager at Seahorse Oceanfront Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I apologize for the issues found in your room, and that you found our parking lot to be too small to be able to have easy access in and out. Thank you for your feedback, we will be using this to make sure we are making improvements to our property.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

Many hotels in Lincoln City have a beach view, but many of them do not have beach access unless you want to scale a cliff; however, the Seahorse is next to public access stairs to the beach. Furthermore, our room was clean and reasonably priced. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Oh yeah, the beds were very soft and comfortable.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
OregonSeaHorse, General Manager at Seahorse Oceanfront Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so glad to know that our location and public beach access was convenient for your stay, and thank you for your positive feedback about our staff. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Lincoln City!

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

We were looking forward to a nice family trip at the Seahorse motel. Our room was filthy and smelled like a dirty clothes hamper. The walls had dirt spots and gross dried food on them. The carpet had crispy stains and was not vacuumed. The kitchen table was sticky. The only chair in the room was terribly stained and broken. The fold out couch was missing springs and was unusable. The microwave had food splatter inside and the dishes were dirty. I went to the store and got bleach wipes just so we could use the room. Also, we had people making noise until 1am. When I complained I was told, “I think they have kids.” This was unacceptable!! We will never stay there again or recommend it to anyone. Horrible experience!

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank milarsen
OregonSeaHorse, General Manager at Seahorse Oceanfront Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention. As I personally apologized to you in person, and applied a discount to your room due to your dissatisfaction. Regarding the noise, we did call the other room to let them know of the noise complaint. We do our best to address each concern as it comes, and I apologize again if these concerns were not addressed adequately.