All reviews valet service oregon coast floor to ceiling windows huge balcony beach level top floor room service outdoor pool the pacific ocean first floor one bedroom suite great view mid week full kitchen low tide parking lot beach access
Reviewed 26 May 2018

Interesting hotel where the lobby is on the 9th floor and restaurant bar on the tenth, top, floor. I found the rooms to be nicely done but each is different decor as these are4 condominiums decorated by the owners. My room had a coffee maker, small fridge and micro wave. The housekeeper was very efficient and even cleaned up dishes from coffee or desert brought down.The room had a small balcony and wonderful view of the ocean. Be aware parking is across the highway using a one lane tunnel but valet service is available.

1  Thank TomMetzler
Lisa W, General Manager at Inn At Spanish Head, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Hello Tom,
I’m so glad you found the Inn At Spanish Head while visiting the Oregon Coast. It’s a wonderful location to truly surround yourself with the amazing vistas, sounds and beauty of this part of the world.

The Inn is Oregon’s only resort hotel built right on the beach, nestled securely into the bluff and rising 10 stories high, so each of our 120 rooms is oceanfront with floor-to-ceiling windows to take in the view. Many rooms have balconies. Plus, our one- and two-bedroom units have a full kitchen, while our studios have a kitchenette.

And you can’t miss the view no matter where you are at the Inn. You will find breathtaking views from our 10th floor oceanfront restaurant and bar, Fathoms. From the 9th floor lobby. All four of the Inn’s meeting rooms. The oceanfront pool and ocean view Jacuzzi spa. And it’s so easy to get down to the beach for a stroll, jumping the waves, relaxing or exploring nearby tide pools. Simply take the elevator to our first floor and the beach is just steps out our backdoor.

And yes, the main parking lot is across the street. When built, the architects felt the oceanfront location was more important for people than for cars and space was limited between the beach and Highway 101. But, as you mentioned, complimentary valet service is available.

Although there is so much to do and see right here at the Inn, we are also close to many interesting things to do. There are antique shops, many great hiking trails, glass-blowing studios to create your own glass float, cultural activities, outlet shopping, a world-class aquarium and much more.

Thank you for letting us know about your stay here at the Inn. I hope you’re able to return again soon and experience another of our uniquely decorated, oceanfront rooms! Lisa White, General Manager

Reviewed 23 May 2018

My wife and I have stayed at the Inn at Spanish Head, in Lincoln City Oregon, several times. With the exception of our last time this past Mother's Day weekend, we typically really enjoy this location. The rooms are clean and well appointed. The view is spectacular, with all rooms looking out to the ocean. From the back of the hotel, you walk straight out onto the sand. The beach here is beautiful, allowing for miles long walks on the beach in either direction. Be advised, generally North and Central Oregon coast beaches can get really windy and are cooler than beaches farther to the south. Bring a sweater or jacket just in case ! Building a fire on the beach (away from the hotel) is permitted here. Enjoy your time on the beach.

The hotel has a really nice bar, offering a variety of appetizers and lite meals. For a full dinner, the hotel has a very good restaurant. Reservations are highly recommended on the weekends. Should you fail to make a reservation, they offer room service with the same dinner menu. This option is actually really nice, as you can eat on your room's balcony making for a romantic sunset dinner without the hustle and bustle of the restaurant.

Overall, I would highly recommend staying at the Inn at Spanich Head.

PS - In my opener, I mentioned one bad experience while staying here. I would highly recommend you NOT take any room on the 9th Floor. The hotel offices, store rooms, and restaurant are located on the 10 floor. The noise from the restaurant/kitchen staff up until 2:30AM and again at around 6:00 AM is really bad. The noise is liking living under a construction site. We reported the issue when we checked out, but I got the feeling what we were reporting wasn't anything they hadnt heard before from others.

Room tip: Avoid rooms on the 9th Floor.
3  Thank M6606LMjohnk
Lisa W, General Manager at Inn At Spanish Head, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

Hello,
Thank you for mentioning all the wonderful amenities here at the Inn At Spanish Head! What more can I say, except:

Yes, all our rooms are oceanfront with floor-to-ceiling windows, many have balconies, so enjoying a romantic room service meal is always a treat. Our one- and two-bedroom suites have full kitchens, studios have a smaller kitchenette and our bedrooms have a wet bar.

Yes, we have a 10th floor restaurant and bar, Fathoms, open seven days a week offering breakfast, lunch, dinner … and room service. We are also well-known for our holiday brunches on Father and Mother’s Day, New Year’s Day and Easter; traditional holiday buffets on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. Plus an amazing Sunday Champagne Buffet beginning July 8th through September 9th. All are quite popular with our guests and local residents alike, so reservations are recommended.

Yes, the beach is an easy elevator ride to the first floor and a few steps out our backdoor. There are nearby tide pools, seals are often seen bobbing in the surf and whale spouts are a frequent sight as well. And you are right, bring a jacket, it can be cool on the coast and windy. But there are also many days of no wind, glorious sunshine and temperatures can reach into the 70’s during the summer months. The Inn is a wonderful place to enjoy the beach.

I apologize for any noise above your 9th floor room. We work hard to minimize nightly maintenance chores when getting ready for an early morning brunch. I have discussed this issue with our staff and added additional signage as an additional reminder.

And yes, we thank you for your nice review of the Inn and Fathoms. We hope you can return again soon. There’s a great kite festival in Lincoln City in June and many other local events happening throughout the summer and fall. And there’s always plenty to do in and around the Inn. Lisa White, General Manager

Reviewed 23 May 2018

My wife and I stayed at The Inn at Spanish Head last week for 5 days and we had another Great Stay. We have been going to this Hotel for 32 years and Never get tired of vacationing there. The staff is amazing and are very professional . The views from ALL the rooms is amazing of the Pacific Ocean.
The food at the restaurant Fathoms is incredible and the Mothers Day Brunch is the best anywhere.

1  Thank Self024

Hello!
We always enjoy hearing about your stays at the Inn. Your kind words are much appreciated. I feel it’s a wonderful statement of our location, staff and service which keeps you coming back again and again.

You mentioned that you “never get tired of vacationing there (here).” Music to my ears! And with all there is to do right here at the Inn and in the area, I can understand why. Our outdoor oceanfront heated pool, ocean view Jacuzzi spa, saunas, miles of Oregon’s lovely beaches to stroll, relax or fly a kite on, nearby tide pools to explore, hand-blown glass floats to search for (October-May), fine dining … all right here at the Inn. And it’s easy to get to the beach. It’s simply an elevator ride down to the first floor and a few steps out our backdoor.

Then close by there are art galleries, antique shops, beautiful gardens, cultural activities, museums, various hiking opportunities, bird and whale watching*, outlet shopping and much more.

It’s also music to my ears to know our staff adds to your enjoyment of staying with us. They are amazing and truly enjoying serving our guests. Having Fathoms restaurant and bar on the 10th floor is another real benefit. We not only only offer breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week, but room service as well. The bar opens at 2:00 PM daily and offers appetizers, sandwiches, seafood and delicious bites, along with regional and international wines, craft brewed, imported and domestic beers and fresh-squeezed juices. It’s a wonderful place to relax and again, take in that incredible ocean view.

As a frequent guest, you many have spotted whales right in front of the Inn on occasion, rather than taking a charter out into the ocean. There is a resident pod that hangs around the Central Oregon Coast and is often seen here. And in December and in March, the gray whales migrate to and from Alaska and California along the Oregon Coast. The Inn is an official designated “Whale Spoken Here” spot, due to our exceptional viewing location.

Thank you for your wonderful words and for the time you spend with us. It’s always such a pleasure to see you and your wife. Lisa White, General Manager

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

I’m writing this from attending as Road Scholar writing conference participant. Had spent five nights in room 333 with King bed, balcony, couch, kitchenette, large dressing room off bathroom, large TV and electric fireplace. Beautiful and comfortable room and super comfortable bed. I hated to leave. My first morning the view off of balcony was a rainbow. Conference food in restaurant was delicious. I have found all staff to be friendly and helpful including restaurant, housekeeping, and front desk. Can’t remember everyone’s names but Lance coordinated meals and other conference details and he was fun and pleasant and efficient. All of the waiter staff - Jeronimo, and others. The hotel sits right on the beach with fantastic view of ocean and walk to the left to see the seals. The conference rooms all have view of ocean. The location is convenient to tourist attractions. I would definitely return. Thanks for a great week!

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank logansrun
Lisa W, General Manager at Inn At Spanish Head, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Hello,
I’m pleased you could attend the Road Scholar writing conference here at the Inn at Spanish Head. All our staff truly enjoy the encounters with conference attendees and look forward to helping everyone have an pleasant and comfortable stay.

And I am delighted you enjoyed your room so much. Thank you for posting the photos with your comments. The rainbow is amazing! What a way to start your morning! As you are aware, all our 120 guest rooms are oceanfront with floor-to-ceiling windows and many have a balcony, so the view is always right there and ready to take in. In addition to the bedroom that you stayed in, we also have one- and two-bedrooms suites and studios, which have kitchens.

We have an oceanfront, full-service restaurant and bar on the Inn’s 10th floor, Fathoms, which also does the catering for all meetings here at the Inn. And yes, Lance does a wonderful job of making sure all runs smoothly. Two of the conference rooms are on the first floor and open out to the oceanfront pool deck; the other larger conference room that your group was in, is on the 4th floor. All meeting space also has floor-to-ceiling windows, so it almost feels like you are right on the beach during any session. The Inn is well-known for celebrating weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, family reunions, all types of gatherings large (up to 150) and small.

Thank you for your kind words. I hope you can return again soon. Lisa White, General Manager

Reviewed 8 April 2018

Very nice room, spacious and clean. The view... spectacular! My parents were very excited to receive the gift of a three night getaway for their 59th anniversary. Upon checking in the staff were courteous and helpful. Later when they requested their car from valet parking, the front staff were rude and disrespectful. I am certain that it was very obvious to the staff that my parents were each recovering from recent back surgery, and the other a fractured hip. I was very disappointed with the service they received on their stay.

Date of stay: July 2017
4  Thank kimhJ98YK
Lisa W, General Manager at Inn At Spanish Head, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Hello,
What a thoughtful 59th anniversary gift to give to your parents! Although belated, we wish them a Happy Anniversary. I’m pleased to know they were excited about the gift and that their room was so much to their liking. The Inn is a condominium hotel, so each room is privately owned and designed by its owner. Each is quite unique and always filled with personal touches that add to the comfort of our guests.

And the view. Yes, it is spectacular from each one of our 120 rooms because all are oceanfront and all have floor-to-ceiling windows. Many also have balconies. It’s easy to get to the beach for strolling or just to sit and relax because it’s simply an elevator ride to our first floor and steps out our backdoor. But, if recent surgeries make it difficult to walk the beach, it’s easy to take it all in it all from your room or balcony. You can easily watch the cloud formations, seabirds flying by, waves rolling in, kites flying, kids building sand castles or witness a stunning sunset. At the Inn, it’s all about the view and experiencing this magnificent part of the world.

I’m happy to know our front desk staff was courteous and helpful at check-in. I’m disappointed if another encounter was not the same. We receive so many positive comments about the Inn’s staff that it surprises me to hear otherwise. We often have guests with mobility issues and we work hard to accommodate their needs. I see your parents stayed with us in July 2017. I wish you had let us know sooner or at the time of their stay so we could have been more helpful during their visit. Thank you for letting us know though, so that we can continue to offer only courteous and helpful service to all guests.

I hope you and your parents can return to the Oregon Coast and the Inn again soon. It would be our honor to have you as guests. Lisa White, General Manager