“A great dinner and a movie experience.”

Lake Theater & Cafe
Ranked #23 of 162 Restaurants in Lake Oswego
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Pizza, Gastropub, Soups
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Good food and the movies are always first run. In good weather, it is a delight to sit next to the lake.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 26 November 2017

Someday I will go to a movie here. The beer is good, the pizza is ok if you are really hungry. They have blues on Mondays.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Wanted to walk to somewhere to eat from the Lakeshore Inn, saw some of the reviews of the Lake Theater and Cafe. Walked over there, went in and found a place to sit down inside, it was really hot outside. So we sat and sat and sat, and absolutely none of the 8 or 9 employees behind the bar and in the kitchen area acknowledge our presence. My husband finally walked over to the bar and ordered a couple of drinks. They bar tender told him to wait while he makes them, so he did and brought them over to where we were sitting. Again, no one came over to us. We were only here to eat not see a movie. Finally after another 20 min. my husband again goes and orders another drink and asks can this all be put on his card until we're done. He gave them his debit card, which they kept, which we thought was really odd. Finally my husband asks how does one get food ordered. He was directed over to another counter in front of the kitchen and told you order it yourself, kind of like fast food. So he went and ordered it, finally a woman(server?) brought the food over to us, reluctantly, we thanked her. The food just ok. The burger was good, the rest so, so and pretty expensive. A glass of wine and a lemon drop were each $10. When my husband went up to the bar to settle the bill, the machine tried to force him to choose a tip, either 15%,20% or 25%. He realized what it was trying to do and didn't fall for it. We gave a $10. tip, which we really shouldn't have done, since we received absolutely no service. This restaurant/theater needs to make it very clear when you walk in with a big sign that states " self-serve". Waste of time and money,.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 12 July 2017

The audio systems have been upgraded - but the prices are really good compared to first run fare and if the movies are not first run, they are popular.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 10 July 2017

I was pleasantly surprised when my husband and I first visited and ordered from the food menu. They really have wonderful, informal food such as prosciutto wrapped dates, a wonderful spinach piadina, pizzas, and sandwiches. Although I wish they had a happy hour every day and better prices on wine, they serve a good selection of beers with a nice ice cold rose that goes well with food. The theater is a pleasure, with tables where you can share food and wine while watching blockbusters or the latest small release literary film. It is definitely a treat to go there in the summer and watch the boats.

Date of visit: June 2017