“How do you say "seal" in French?”
Review of La Provence

La Provence
Ranked #3 of 160 Restaurants in Lake Oswego
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

OK, it is a funny story involving a family at the zoo enjoying the seals. The dad (who is from France & was our waiter today) was asked by one of his kids how you say seal in French. He told them. When they were visiting his in-laws (American) they asked the grandkids what they liked at the zoo. They told him that liked the seals. But they used the French word for seal. Grandparents were not sure they heard correctly. You may want to ask SirI for the translation.

Francois was a joy to have as a waiter today. We asked questions about the menu he answered and made suggestions and then delivered a wonderful lunch.

Excelent food, good prices. Wonderful experience.

Reviewed 29 June 2018

This restaurant is amazingly delicious for lunch or breakfast. Anything you order from the menu is sure to please. They bake all their own breads and pastries so I always stop at the bakery counter on the way out! Today three of us had the Roasted Oatmeal Brûlée as we were going hiking after. Well, we were stunned by how wonderful this was. Imagine a Brûlée finish on the top with oatmeal and then fruits on the bottom accompanied by fresh fruit on the side. Our fourth member ordered the Colette Omelette which is cooked with basil and topped with artichoke hearts, tomatoes and melted mozzarella cheese! The sides selected were provincial potatoes, butternut squash and a croissant - just right before hiking! You will not be disappointed with your meal here. Seatting is available inside and out. Alchol is also served here. The service is excellent to top it off.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I swear, no matter what I order here, it’s very good. I lean more towards breakfast and lunch items on the menu. Amazing Oatmeal, French Toast, salads and sandwiches.
Service lacks a bit, would be nice if staff were friendlier and I saw more interaction and smiles.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

This is one of the most fancy pastry shops I've seen in the United States. Fortunately it's also quite tasty. Seems like a good spot if you're looking for a breakfast pastry, a mid-day snack or dessert. I didn't try their menu but I imagine it is also tasty.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

This is a regular go-to place for late breakfast or lunch. They also have light dinners, but I especially like it for lunch. Quite an extensive menu, and mist things are good. Service can be slow, and the restaurant can be quite loud.