Lowest prices for your stay
US$117
SAVE US$12
PricelineUS$116
Hotels.comUS$116
eDreamsUS$117
All reviews typical holiday inn express road trip hie portland queen furnishings
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 January 2021

I booked a king room through Hotel.com. When I arrived they said I had booked a queen. I showed him the reservation and he said if you want a king it will be an additional $10. We also asked for a room that had been vacant for over 24 hours due to COVID. He said the room had been vacant for Four days. However, upon arrival the staff was working on the room. I will not be returning.

Date of stay: January 2021
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2021

Hello Lynn H,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write us a review.

I am sorry to read that we failed to meet your expectations due to the issues encountered with your reservation, the room allocated and the service provided by our staff. We always strive to provide the highest quality of accommodation and exceptional service to ensure a comfortable stay for all our guests. Rest assured that I have shared your concerns with the hotel management and ownership. I'm certain that appropriate steps will be taken so similar situations may be handled in the best possible way. In line with this, I also sent you a private message to follow up with you and to obtain more details.

I hope you give us another try and to serve you better when you travel back to the area!

Many thanks,

Jonathan A

Reviewed 23 October 2020

The title says it all: I will never set foot in this location again... dirty, broken, and just plain worn-out. It’s sad to look at, and certainly not what you would expect from today’s Holiday Inn Express locations.

They apparently only have minimal cleaning staff, and if you stay longer than a couple of days, any towels or sheets that need to be replaced have to be brought down to the front desk and exchanged.
Yes, that includes SHEETS! Trash is set outside your door and someone will pick it up within two days.

Found several items broken on my last visit; including ZERO water pressure in the shower.
I was moved, but if anything the next room was smaller and in worse shape. (But the shower did work.) When discussing the situation with staff, I was told that they did not even have maintenance personnel on staff any longer, just “a guy who comes in every couple of weeks and tries to fix stuff on the list.”

After two days I gave up and moved to a different location.

This place needs help.
I wish them all the best for recovery, but I will never go there again.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2020

Hi dontbotherme2019,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to write to us about your experience. Our hotel provides a great night's stay with a warm breakfast.

I reviewed your remarks, and I'm sorry for the problems with the shower pressure, trash, and broken items among others. I shared your comments with our management and took the necessary steps to prevent this from happening again. I also sent you a private message so we can discuss your stay further.

I hope you visit us soon.

Regards,
Oscar C.

Reviewed 6 March 2020

Upon arrival, they did not have the room i had requested available. When I had made the reservation i book the room at 110 a night (not counting taxes). when checking out i find out the my daily charges were as high as 136 a night (not counting taxes). The front desk agent (Teelo) was incredibly rude. When i confronted them about the he kept asking if i had the confirmation number, of course i did not have it, though he kept asking about it. He then told me the charges were an average of 110 a night. After he added them up it was still over 110 a night. He did not even try to help me at all. I will not be returning here, nor can i recommend to others.

Date of stay: February 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2020

Hello 542jaytonf,

Thanks for sharing feedback, it's great to hear from one of our guests. I am sorry to hear you have concerns regarding your reservatoin. Comments such as yours are important and relayed to the team to help point out areas that need additional attention.

In line with this, do know that an e-mail was sent to further reach out to you. Despite the setbacks mentioned on your review, I hope you find your way back to us should your travels bring you again to the area for a chance to make your stay better than the last.

Best,

Ronald R.

Reviewed 17 December 2019

Cleanliness: yes, clean
Bed quality: Bed way too high - ask at the front desk for a stool as I'm told they have them.
Reception friendliness/treats: average greeting
Noise level: Quiet
Breakfast: Typical Holiday Inn Express offerings

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 27 October 2019 via mobile

The parking lot is kind of hard to get into as it can be a busy road and it's shared with a gas station and two restaurants. The building itself is also very oddly laid out and I got lost several times during my stay. The room was clean and bed was comfortable. Nothing fancy but didn't need fancy. Would stay again if needed in the area.

Date of stay: October 2019