“They have a grilled cheese sandwhich that is out of this world”

Junkyard Extreme Burgers and Brats
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 8 August 2017

It's small if you want to eat indoors, but decorated so cool . Takes you aback in time. Juke boxes by your tables, license plates on the walls and other pictures. Was visited by the guy who does Diners and Dives.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

We as a family are always looking for something new. Once again, we found it. Just outside of junction city is a small yet formidable little diner called "The Junkyard". This little place makes you feel like you are enjoying a meal in a quaint little junkyard. A rusted out car, scattered painted tires, bent license plates to name just a bit of the unique surroundings. We opted to eat outdoors as it was a beautiful sunny day. We all ordered the pizza dog although we should have tried different items to test more of what the place has to offer.
Okay, the place is small, the service is walk up to order and then brought to your table designated by a number, and when you are done you have to clear your table- fast food functionality--but, the food is really a fast food restaurants sweet dream. I was wondering what our hot dog basket would look like after I watched a monstrosity of a burger get served to a guy at an adjacent table. I wasn't let down, our dogs were huge to the point I had to use a knife and fork to eat it without a mess, and the flavors were well balanced and quite good.
Why a 4? Well, for two distinct reasons. One, the dog was just way to greasy from the amount of melted cheese; my son rolled and tilted, and my wife blotted to absorb the liquid orange on there meals. I simply let it drain off as I cut each bite size piece. Visually less than appetizing.
Secondly, would have loved some non red-meat options; chicken breast instead of beef, turkey dogs instead of beef/pork, etc.
Price is a bit on the high side, but the portions reflect the value, and equal most full service restaurants that offer the same type of fare. If you pay $10-$13 for a burger elsewhere, this one will make you feel like you got $10-$13 worth of burger.
Enjoyed this little out of the way location and will stop again when we are out this way.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

How does a guy from Johnstown, PA wind up eating in OR...well, went to visit my son and his wife. I saw a segment of Diners, Drive-ins and Dives that spotlighted The Junkyard. As it happens my son had driven by in the past but never stopped. This time we did, and not disappointed that we did. Small on the inside and a little bigger outside. I had the chili dog and was about to order 2 since I was thinking a normal pup. You need to eat this thing with a knife and fork. Others you can use hands. Basically you get a lot of the good stuff at a reasonable price. Worth the effort to find it since for me it is in the middle of nowhere. Good food and good beer = heaven.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

This place is small and the wait time for food can be long but the burgers are Great, the fries are Great, and everything is cooked to order and fresh.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

The Junkyard, which by the way was featured on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives, so expect it to be busy, is a cute little shack of deliciousness. The burgers can come with fried cheese which is just amazing, but bring your appetite as they are almost frisbee sized. French Fries are out of this world.