“Fair but strange”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Getting RV work done in Junction City. Found Rodeo Steakhouse by just driving around. Front patio area kinda cute. Relieved when saw menu prices were not super high because it said "steak house". Mostly bar atmosphere. Peanuts to eat and throw shells on floor. That's not for me but just me. They had pork ribs with French fries for $9.99 but I chose a chicken salad. The ranch dressing was OK but the chicken had a funny flavor I did not like. My husband ordered a prime rib dip. People have talked of it here. That was a 1/2" to 3/4" thick slab of meat between a French roll. Not his preference. So here is the funny part we traded meat. I ate the prime rib, he ate the chicken between his bun and we called that dinner. $25 later we were not hungry but this will not be on our list to return.

Reviewed 30 June 2017

We've eaten here on various occasions and have always been pleased. This seems to be just a pleasant memory, as we were terribly let down on this stop. Six for dinner, ordered prime rib (5:30 PM). Waiter/owner advised us it was not done yet. Disappointment #1. Ordered 1/2 rack ribs. Served with so much "sweet tasting" sauce to make them uneatable. Rest of meals suffered from same lack of appetizing cooking. Bill in excess of $150 and everyone left hungry and unsatisfied. Went from a favorite to "never again."

Reviewed 6 June 2017

I'll start by saying the service was pretty good. Our waitress was friendly and very helpful.
On the other hand the restaurant wasn't very clean and I'm not referring to the peanut shells which I actually thought was pretty cool. The table was sticky and the bathrooms marginal.
My wife enjoyed her chicken salad and my daughter in law enjoyed her Nachos. My son had a burger which arrived cold as did my pulled pork. I was disappointed to say the least. I was hoping to enjoy this place but the cold food bugged me even more than the sticky table top. Won't be back.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

I'm a nut for a good french dip, this place has the sandwich worth getting off of the Highway for. Hand carved prime rib, no need for dipping in au jou (it just makes a great sandwich wet). This is in an old railroad station. Peanut shells litter the floor. Every inch seems genuine. A rural bar atmosphere, with servers to match, the food, service and drinks all very good.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

Had dinner one night at this restaurant. Prime rib was inexpensive and quite good, large potato and salad. Quick drink service. Walls have pithy sayings and old railroad posters, peanuts on table and shells on floor