All reviews country setting eugene area each morning feline suite lodging
Reviewed 29 November 2017

We had such a great time the first time we stayed. We had to come back. This time for a longer stay and we brought our daughter and grandson to stay with us. Our hostess, Elizabeth, is awesome. I said "our" because she made us feel like family and we were home. We booked early enough to secure the suite. YAY! It is so comfortable and very spacious with a beautiful view. The private bathroom has a huge tub to relax and soak in. Our daughter raved about her room and how comfortable the bed was. I enjoyed breakfast every morning, Elizabeth had something different to eat each morning. Her grits are to die for and if it were up to me I would have had them everyday. We enjoyed the addition to the family...a very friendly horse. I love horses am so grateful Elizabeth allowed me to feed him. He was gentle and enjoyed the treats. Such a treat for me and my family. We have a family reunion every year in Eugene.

I'm so excited to share that we will be reserving and staying at the Catbird Seat next year (2018). There is no better place to stay in Junction City or Eugene!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2017

The atmosphere is serene, the accommodations are very comfortable and clean; the hostess is so very nice and friendly with some southern charm and smiles It was fun watching the horse just lazily wander around the property and we even occasionally were able to pet one of the four cats that live at the Catbird seat.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2017

This is one fabulous place! This last weekend we stayed a second time at the Catbird Seat, and we should have written this review the first time. At least now we can confirm how wonderful it is every time we visit!

Elizabeth is a delight. She is intelligent, gracious, fun and has a great sense of humor, with a large dollop of southern charm, hospitality and warmth on top. You feel part of her family right from the start. She was born to do this job and it is worth staying at this B&B just because of her. But there are many other reasons as well.

The rooms are comfortable, the beds good and the decor an interesting mix of antiques, asian and other. There is a great combination of quirky animals that reside at the Catbird to keep things interesting.

And the breakfasts. Oh the breakfasts! After our first stay, I dreamt about those breakfasts. The eggs were fabulous, the homemade biscuits were to die for and I have never been a big grits fan until I tried Elizabeth's. The second morning was all different, but all still very tasty. That lady can cook! (We asked her to come home with us to be our cook, but she politely declined. :-)

If you like to walk, there are several routes to take from the house. It is close enough to Fern Ridge Reservoir that you can get there in 5 minutes, and it has a paved walkway around to the marina. (about 1 1/2 miles each way) There is a park just as close with trails through the woods, and walking up and back on Kirk Rd is a bucolic route with little traffic.

This is one of those special places that we will happily come back to anytime we need to stay in the Eugene area.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2017

From the moment we arrived, Elizabeth made us feel welcome and 'at home'. The tour of the house was thorough and interesting. We stayed in the largest room; the décor, the amenities and the overall 'vibe' were amazing. Elizabeth made spectacular breakfasts for us and we enjoyed chatting with her about her wide-ranging experiences with and enjoyment of food. Last, but not least, as an animal lover I was entranced with her menagerie: 4 cats who are polite and friendly (Major Dude, Cleo, Tiny and Rory), a horse (Gamboler) and a rooster--didn't catch his name. If you are ever in the Eugene area and need a special place to stay, head for Catbird Seat Bed and Breakfast. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Elizabeth is a thoughtful and skilled host with wonderful culinary skills and knowledge of the wine and region. The property is lovely with every room uniquely decorated. It is a great location to stay and explore Pinot Noir finds. Lovely!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple