“ I wish there was a higher score!”

Jacksonville Inn Dining House
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located in the center of Jacksonville, a historic town in Southern Oregon that got its start as part of the gold rush back in the 1850s, stands the Jacksonville Inn. It’s an elegant bed and breakfast housed in a building built in 18961 complete with walls made of locally quarried sandstone (specks of gold are still visible in the mortar). The historic hotel rooms blend distinctive 19th century décor with the necessities of a connected digital age, including a variety of modern comforts and amenities. Whether or not you are staying in the unforgettable rooms, you will love dining in the superb restaurant with its distinctive menu and impressive wine list featuring over 2,000 wines. The restaurant is known for its attention to detail and personal service and has a passion for building connections with its customers. The Jacksonville Inn is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It has served three U.S. presidents and has provided lodging for a U. S. president and First Lady.
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

We went twice to this restaurant. Once for breakfast on the patio- excellent in every respect. Then for dinner, words aren’t good enough to capture or state how good the sirloin was. The mushrooms that came with the halibut cheeks made my day. Those halibut cheeks were phenomenal.

Service was friendly and very professional. Exquisite!

1  Thank Jesse S
Jerry_Evans-JVI, Owner at Jacksonville Inn Dining House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Thank you for dining with us and for the kind words. The dishes you ordered are two of my favorites. My wife and I have owned and operated the Jacksonville Inn for 42 years, during which time we have served three U.S. Presidents. I firmly believe the secret to our success is the great people whom we have employed.

Jerry Evans
Owner

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

I’ve been here a number of times over the course of 3 years, mostly eaten at the bistro. The service is good, the ambiance is fine. They have an encyclopedic sized wine list and the house red is pretty good and cheap.

But people go to a restaurant for the food. I had one great pasta dish, as good as anything I ever had at an Italian restaurant. Next time I went, it was no longer on the menu and hasn’t returned. I had a beef bourguignon which was poor, most other dishes have been OK, but not better than that. It’s not a cheap place and presents itself as a quality restaurant, but misses the mark too often.

1  Thank Dave S
Jerry_Evans-JVI, Owner at Jacksonville Inn Dining House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

I am sorry that we disappointed Dave. I am on the premises seven days a week, and I am always delighted to discuss any perceived deficiencies in our offerings and make necessary substitutions or adjustments immediately.

My wife and I have owned and successfully operated the Jacksonville Inn for 42 years. We do a minimum of advertising, as we rely on word of mouth from happy customers to maintain our business.

I agree with Dave that we are not cheap. We always purchase the best quality ingredients that are locally sourced whenever possible, and we hire and train the best possible staff. To do so, it does come at a price.

Our degree of customer satisfaction is such that we have attracted and successfully served three U. S. Presidents.

Again, I am sorry that we did not meet Dave’s expectations; and I urge anyone who is not totally satisfied to ask for me so that we have the opportunity to correct any perceived shortcomings immediately.

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

This is not only a delicious dinner spot, this restaurant offers several options for delightful atmosphere. The outdoor patio has privacy and overhead heaters. Both the dining room menu and the lighter Bistro menu are offered on the patio. The Bistro is intimate and a bit more casual than the dining room. Food in the restaurant never disappoints! The chopped romaine salad is outstanding! Because of the recent romaine issue, Jacksonville Inn has chosen to discontinue serving this salad until health safety can be guaranteed. I appreciate their thoughtfulness in this. The hot carrot salad is amazing! We also ate dessert this time! Raspberry meringue cake with a hazelnut crust - oh my goodness - it was delicious!!! Four of us shared it. There are also gluten free options and vegetarian options.
The restaurant owner, Jerry, also travels the world to find fine wine. The wine list is presented in a book!! There is also a wine store attached to the restaurant.
Every detail is attended to by marvelously trained wait staff. A great experience in addition to a great meal! This is truly fine dining, in every way.

Thank you for the accolades. We really have an exemplary culinary and wait staff that strives for excellence every day.

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

We were in Jacksonville around noon and stopped here for lunch. We were very favorably impressed with the menu selection, the ambiance on the back patio and the staff. Everything was wonderful. Prices were reasonable. No complaints- we will return!

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Charming outdoor patio dining.
Enjoyed the chicken piccata with Marsala wine plus rice pilaf and veggies and the in house cheesecake for dessert was lovely.
My waitress Cassidy was very sweet and food arrived promptly.