“Outside Seating is the best!”
Review of Las Palmas

Las Palmas
Ranked #12 of 27 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: (541) 899-9965 I don't believe they have a website
Description: (541) 899-9965 I don't believe they have a website
Reviewed 8 May 2018

Great Mexican food- family run! Reasonably priced. Decorations inside fun Mexican! In the summer the outside is open, a great location!

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

J’Ville is a wealthy area. We didn’t expect to find a real home-style Mexican here amongst the arty-farty set with their craft, art and quinoa, but there it was!

Family owned and operated, this place really sizzles along (especially the fajitas!) with Luis running front of house. Margaritas come in the usual three sizes (L, XL, XXL) and are tasty.

Menu is extensive, so pick your favourite Mexican dish and go for it. We did chicken specials, both of which were great.

Hint: ask right away for their spicy options, and get a bowl of the habaneros sauce if you like it hot.

Loved this place. A real local spot.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Laminated menus, check, bright lights, check, rice, check, beans, check, overcooked meat, check, overcooked veg, check. Cheap ice cold beer, check. Decent margaritas, check.

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I enjoyed a late lunch at Las Palmas. I had Tacos Pastor and she had Enchiladas Verde. Both were excellent! My favorite part was the Sangria Margarita the gentleman made for me and a virgin Spicy Mango drink for my daughter. Great experience will definitely return!

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Looks like typical Mexican eatery inside and out, but thiis family owned and staffed place had the best Mex-style shredded beef we've ever had. Manager Lupe had plenty of time to talk to us. Good selection of home-made and commercial sauces from mild to scorching.

Been to Las Palmas? Share your experiences!