Review Highlights
Cabin for 8?

Yes there were enough beds but there were 2 butter knives, 3 forks and 4 spoons. Six white towels... read more

Reviewed 19 June 2014
RAM1959
Coos Bay, Oregon
via mobile
Terrible experience

Reviewed 2 August 2016
MaryS8519

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 August 2016

I stayed here recently with two other families at the RV park. It was okay, not great. Clean but parking pads were close together. My biggest issue is that there was a large motorcycle group having a weekend event there and pretty much took over the RV park. I have no problem with them being there but I think it would have been nice of the owner to notify us that this type of large group was going to be staying there at the same time. I respect their right to be there, but their language and behavior I felt was NOT family friendly. Foul, inappropriate language was all we heard, and the initiation stunts (driving around naked on their bike, running through the campground with only underwear on) is not what I want to expose my children to.

In addition, the whole place just seemed so run down. A guess you can call anything a 'resort' but this is NOT what I have pictured in my mind of what a resort looks like.

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed 27 June 2016

We are travelling thru Oregon and chose Lemolo Lake since we were not carrying camping supplies and wanted to be near Crater Lake. The restaurant that we were counting on meals was closed due to a fire 6 days before we arrived. At no point was I contacted - we could have stopped and picked up food and supplies if we had known. The manager informed us that they were a destination resort and there would be no refunds. We left anyway.

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed 8 November 2015

We did not use the facilities at Lemolo Lake but spent some time hiking around lake and enjoying the views. We were here late in the season and there were not a lot of people at the lake. However, the restaurant and cabins appeared to be busy. Very nice setting!

Date of experience: October 2015
Reviewed 17 July 2015 via mobile

Left several messages to make reservations. NEVER a return phone call. Tried to book online. No confirmation of booking after completing app. I finally was able to actually make contact with the owner by phone on our way down. He had no excuse for not returning my phone calls. He blamed his "wife out of town" as the reason for his failures. It appears it is a failing business with an owner who could care less. It appears it has fallen on hard times and is in a disheveled, unkempt condition. It appears, for whatever reason, some of the "cabins" are rented with a pile of stuff around them. Junky, in serious need of routine upkeep. They even state in the notebook that the bugs in rooms are a natural part of being in nature. Horrible experience.

Date of experience: July 2015
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We left home without making reservations... in search of a new place to stay for a short 3 day stay. We chose Lemolo Lake due to the clean and peaceful setting. We rented an A-frame cabin, a canoe and pedal boat. The owners and staff went above and beyond, very friendly and just great people! We will be making this our new family spot for short getaways.

Date of experience: June 2014