US$178
US$156
BestWestern.com
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$79
Motel 6 Roseburg(Roseburg)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$79
Hotels.com
US$94
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$108/night.

Roseburg Inn(Roseburg)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$77
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$93
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$107/night.

US$99
SleepInn
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$112/night.

US$75
TripAdvisor
Lemolo Lake Resort(Idleyld Park)
  • Beachfront
All reviewsfly fishingother guestsdining roomumpqua riverthe cottagessandwichoregon winesthe main lodgehalf milesoupsalmonnext morningmaple ridgesoaking tubone night stayview of the riverbeautiful location
Reviewed 19 August 2017

I was looking for a place to stay not too far from Crater Lake for my wife and myself and for another couple. We first thought of the hotel at Crater Lake, but apparently that books up about a year in advance. South of Crater Lake are some towns with several options, but we wanted a location north of Crater Lake and there are fewer choices. I selected the Steamboat Inn based on other reviews, but I wasn't quite sure what to expect. Both couples were very pleasantly surprised at how nice the Steamboat is. We had cabins 1 and 2, right on the N. Umpqua River. The river cabins all have a connecting deck and look directly over the river. It was ideal for us, giving us a place to visit with our friends, and it was great listening to the river all night long. There are paths down to the river and various lookouts that are not too steep, and the views are magnificant.

The rooms are small and rustic, but they are very clean, and they appear to have been upgraded fairly recently. The bed we had was quite comfortable. The bathroom was a little cramped, especially the shower, but it was more than adequate for us. No points lost here. I think the website states that there is no AC, and for some this may be a problem. In Cabin 1, we had an end room, which gave us two windows, one in the bathroom and one over the bed, giving us good ventilation. It is pretty cool in the forest setting. Our friends only had the bathroom window, and they said their room got stuffy. You could leave the slider to the deck open, but we weren't comfortable doing that. The rooms have portable fans. Maybe a star lost here.

It was a short walk through beautiful gardens to the dining room, which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. We had two breakfasts and two dinners. The breakfast menu offered several selections, and the homemade "Grandma's" bread and Marionberry jam were great, and fresh fruit was available. I'll give the breakfasts 5 stars. The dinners were very good, but perhaps only 4 stars. The desserts all seem to be homemade and there were several pies available. (The Marionberry pie my wife and I shared was about 10 stars.) They have a great selection of excellent Oregon wines. The dinners were served at a "leisurely" pace, but if you are staying here, this probably won't be a problem. We actually enjoyed not being rushed, having plenty of time to visit with our friends. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

A warning: there is no internet in the rooms, only in the dining room and library. Also, there does not seem to any cell phone service, though there are landlines to the rooms. I think you need a calling card to use them.

Crater Lake was about 90 minutes away and it was a pretty ride, so this worked out great for us. I live on the East Coast, so I don't know if I'll ever get back to the Steamboat Inn, but if I lived in Oregon, I would love to stay here again.

Room Tip: Cabin 1 is a good choice because of the extra window.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2017

My husband and I stayed at the Steamboat Inn for four nights and can't say enough good things about this spectacular place! We rented the Maple Ridge cabin, which we would do again as it was so private! Completely private deck overlooking the Umpqua River, very comfortable bed, small, but decent kitchen. The food in the restaurant was spectacular! Simple, but fresh and well cooked. We have already planned a second trip!

Room Tip: Maple Ridge cabin is completely private!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2017

We recently stayed at the Steamboat Inn and were extremely impressed with each aspect of our visit. We stayed in one of the cottages which was so spacious it could easily accommodate a large group. It included a kitchen, sitting room, a separate bedroom upstairs and my favorite...a soaking tub. The cottage was very clean and comfortable. It was wonderful to relax on the deck viewing the serene wilderness area - so peaceful. The view of the river is amazing. We enjoyed breakfast, lunch and dinner in the restaurant. The food was fabulous...some of the best food I have had in a while. The servers were attentive and friendly...very welcoming. It is a fantastic place to unplug and truly relax...I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2017

Originally went here thinking it would be a upscale night away, but it wasn't what we expected. Once we adjusted to the fact that it was really more of a one bedroom fishing cabin, than a fancy mountain hotel room, it was ok. The price of dinner and a room suggests luxury, but I think the term pleasant is better. Dinner was fine, although the steak was over cooked (ordered med-rare, and ended up with mid-well, after a long enough wait that it wasn't worth sending back. The wine was fine but very price, other than the house wine which was actually better than the bottle we had that was twice the price. The rooms were very clean, and were comfortable, but not fancy or high end in any way. There is no AC, but a box fan made it ok. We did have an unexpected visitor or two in our room, who ate our candy, and advised the front desk that they might want to set a trap. Overall it was a relaxing night away, in a pretty setting.... just not what we expected.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RHDL
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

We were on our way from Crater Lake to the Oregon Coast. Had planned to picnic, but it was drizzling. Kind of a remote area. We came around a bend in the road and found Steamboat Inn. Very inviting w/ lots of flowers and shrubs in bloom. Cozy little dining room with friendly service and good food. We both had soup and a sandwich and explored the beautiful grounds. Truly a hidden gem. Was so enchanted we bought a coffee mug as a souvenir. One of those special places we will remember as a highlight of the trip, in large part because it was so unexpected. A picture of Jimmy Carter in fly fishing gear in the lobby, so maybe not as undiscovered as we might have hoped, but if you're within 50 miles, it's worth a detour.
Struck us that it would be a wonderful get away from it all destination. Good book, some wine and no cares. And as another poster noted, in general you can't be found by cell phone. In this day, that alone is a reason to go. Nice job, Steamboat!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple