“Tasty Lunch”

Saigon Bowl Vietnamese Eatery
Ranked #97 of 307 Restaurants in Hillsboro
Reviewed 8 August 2018

Good experience overall. had lunch with friends there. Food and service were good and reasonably priced. I had the Wonton bowl. Had to get a take out container for it was too much food. Dinner.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

This is a great place to go for Pho Soup. Especially on a cold, rainy night. They also make the biggest & best veggie rolls in Oregon. They're big enough to make a meal out of. I, particularly like the Drunken crispy chicken & the Lobster wontons. The Seafood Birds Nest, is also one of my favorites. The noodles & the veggies are always crispy & there are big chunks of fish & karge Shrimps in it. They may have changed the name but they kept the great menu & service.

Reviewed 17 December 2017

We hardly like to eat out much anymore because most restaurants don't cater to vegans or vegetarians. I love their salad rolls or fresh rolls. We order them with tofu instead of shrimp. You get good sized rolls and the peanut sauce is excellent. We hit the restaurant at lunch time, so we had to wait a little. But they have excellent service and prices. We can't wait to go back. We wish we had a restaurant like this on the Oregon coast.

Reviewed 23 September 2017

We've been here several times, we like to get their fresh rolls. Usually we just do take out, but today we decided to have lunch inside. The service is good as well as the food. I had this noodle vegetarian vegetable soup. They always give you another plate of veggies you can add. I'm not sure what to do with some of it. A couple of items are really hot. We usually like to come here when we go to whole foods.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

I had high expectation for this place after reading positive reviews here and on Google. Unfortunately, my visit turned out to be very disappointing.

I ordered a beef pho. Yes, the portion was huge. But a huge bowl of unappetizing pho is worse than a small bowl of nicely done pho, much worse.

Why was the pho unappetizing? First off, the soup has very little beef flavor. Secondly, the thin beef slices should have been raw and then cooked in the steamy hot soup when it's served. Not here. The beef slices were three times too thick and were already well done when served. Last but not least, the pho was all glommed together. That's a sign that the pho was cooked way before the beef soup was poured on it. That rendered the texture of the pho completely wrong.

Again, huge portion is not good pho made.