“Gem in Hillsboro”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Great food, great atmosphere. When I go here I feel transported to Japan. Service is very friendly and efficient. I never had a bad experience. Last time I went I had the firecracker sushi or something like that (delicious!)

Reviewed 9 August 2018

The food is tasty and authentic as long as you stick to the usual dishes. Once you step out to their creative offerings, they lose the the Japanese touch. The waitress we had didn't speak Japanese nor was she familiar with the dishes. But overall, the food is good.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

This place is great. I have NEVER been disappointed with the quality of food. The wait can get busy on a weekend night, but it is worth the wait. It can get a bit noisy at lunch (local IT crowd), but that's just because Syun is so popular (and rightfully so!) If you can get away early for their happy hour, it runs from 4-6 M-Th (I think), you beat the crowd, and it's a bit quieter then. Oh, and the happy hour menu is very tasty and well-priced. Do not expect cheap food, nor prices- it's not what I would say is overly expensive, but the food is high quality, so do expect it to cost more than a conveyor-belt sushi place.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Our family likes sushi, and this was wonderful. Nice little atmosphere as it was an old library. Service was good and servers pleasant.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Awesome sushi and atmosphere, definitely my favorite sushi in the Portland area! The “ring of fire” sushi roll was excellent and had a nice spice level and beautiful presentation! The California roll is especially nice here since it’s made with real crab meat and none of the fake “krab” stuff. Lastly the Hwy 26 roll is a favorite of mine at Syun that I’ve had several times. If you find yourself in or near Hillsboro do yourself a favor and give these guys a try.