All reviews oxford suites the holiday inn bed and pillows one night railroad tv fridge
Reviewed 5 May 2018

I was in town on business and stayed here again. I had a nice room with a pretty workable kitchen area! The bed was very large, but a bit high off the floor for me, making climbing in a little difficult. The staff is just great, very friendly.

Room Tip: Every room I've had has been nice, it's off the main street so it's quiet all around.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 April 2018

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Clean, quiet, friendly staff, comfortable bed. I wouldn't want it as a vacation base but for passing through it was perfect. My TV wasn't working but an employee tried to fix it. Thankfully I didn't really care but others might. They did offer to change my rooms because of it.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 November 2017

We came to Hermiston for a family event and hoped to stay at the Oxford Suites because we typically choose a little fancier motel than this. But Oxford was full and we had noticed this place tucked behind the Safeway. It felt right. The family had a group deal at the Holiday Inn but that was a big box exposed on the main drag - sure it had breakfast and a pool but it didn't have the black out curtains of the Oak Tree.
It wouldn't do much good to have a dark room if the bed weren't comfortable, but it was. The room had just been deep cleaned so it had the cleanliness standards we expect at our usual default of a Hampton.
And with true black out curtains, my wife and I slept like peaceful children - I'd say babies but have I've heard babies cry through the night and neither of us did that.
Really, these curtains are a model for all other hotels. The valance goes all the way to the ceiling - no light getting in there. The bottom goes well below the window and there is a flanged tray that cups the curtain at the bottom, trapping any stray light. The sides Velcro to the wall, a true seal. I was very impressed.
I get a little impatient with the asphalt surrounding most hotels these days so I was very happy to see that Oak Tree had grass out back. It wasn't exactly a park but I go outside for my morning moving meditation every day and I sure appreciated having a close convenient place to put my feet into soft ground - it just made the whole place feel less institutional.
It's contracted with the railroad so there are a lot of railroad workers staying here, salt of the earth, no nonsense workers just staying away from home. During our stay, the place was full but very quiet.
We were pleasantly surprised and happy to write a glowing review recommending this motel when staying in Hermiston.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TomForsythe
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Glad I stumbled upon this place! I September I had to go to Hermiston for 2 days! So I needed a place to stay! Started calling around most places full or only premium suites for over 250 a night! Found out the Pendleton round up was going on! Called the Oak tree they had a room and a very reasonable rate! Booked it! Upon check in staff was friendly! Room was very clean and Nice! Had some room to be able to conduct some work and relax! Bed and pillows very comfortable! I'll be staying there again! Coworkers have since and also liked it!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business