The South Jetty Inn
US$191
US$187
Atomic Motel(Astoria)
US$100
Astoria Rivershore Motel(Astoria)(Great Value!)
US$95
Columbia Inn(Astoria)
US$78
Hotel Elliott(Astoria)
US$191
US$187
All reviewsfire pitnice clean roomsground floorwalking distanceastoria
Reviewed 13 August 2011

New owners at the South Jetty Inn/Hammond Oregon. We came here to fish for two days at Buoy 10/Astoria. The new owners are fantastic! Very accommodating - friendly - clean rooms - great bon fire pit..... We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank durandorcas
Reviewed 1 May 2011

I'm currently writing this review from their "1 bar" wireless signal, albeit free, but it damn well should be!

At $100 a night, this place is not something I could recommend to the would-be traveler. It's noisy as well; I think I woke up every time a vehicle came or went, and there doesn't seem to be enough insulation between the floors or ceilings to keep out much noise at all. I could nearly understand the conversation transpiring above and aside me.

Also a note on "nearly remodeled" ... which our room claimed to be - ALL the lightswitches and electrical outlets appear to still be circa 1970; in fact the fan in the bathroom required me to manipulate the switch so that it was stuck on in order to maintain operation. The fan itself was also ancient; A/V accommodations are fine if you have 20/20 vision (i.e. small tv's) ... microwave also broken. Looked like someone jammed the door button.

As for kudos, there are few outside of the fact that it was among few places with a vacancy and right next to Bouy9. Which is worth a look btw! Bouy9 had exceptional service and a great home-town atmosphere. Suprisingly good French dip and chowder as well. I'll give South Jetty one point, it had high water pressure! That's all I got...

Room Tip: Avoid the floor level at all cost.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2011

This is a cute Inn with a uniquely rustic look. The service was good, the rooms were clean, and good location. We were pleased with our experience and definitely will return next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2011

This place is a dump. They may have newly remodeled rooms, but my son and I sure
didn't get one. Dead insects, filthy carpet, dirty bathroom.I guess the people staying above us had hardwood floors, so at 6:30 am awakened to them walking on the floors with what sounded like tap shoes.
For all this I was charged $100. Even though they knew I was disgusted with my stay they still eagerly took my money with no apologies or rate reduction.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Kmaef
Reviewed 18 July 2010

I stayed at the South Jetty Inn and had a great experience. They are under new management and 1/2 the rooms are remodeled into a very cozy cabin type of room with each one having their own personality to it. The new owner gave me a tour of each of the rooms to choose from, I would defiantly get a remodeled room. They do have free wifi. The new manager was very friendly and my room was clean and cozy.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple