“CONSUMERS BEWARE!!!”

The South Jetty Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hammond
The South Jetty Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hammond B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 March 2012

If you are looking for a place to stay on the coast, this is not the one I would recommend. A few blocks away from here, you can stay at an actual nice motel that is closer to the beach for only 20 dollars more a night. This place is run down, even though it claims to be remodeled. While I stayed there, my tv remote and fan did not even work. The first night I was there, I thought the guest next to me was loud and partied way too much. It turns out the "guest" is actually the owner who lives in an apartment there. My husband and I barely got any sleep while we were there thanks to the OWNER'S partying. I mean, who do you complain to when the owner is the one making all the noise?? Then to top it off, NINE DAYS, after I checked out, they charged $100 to my debit card. I called and asked why, since I paid cash in advance for my room. The owner claimed that my room smelled of cat urine and he found cat feces. How is that even possible when there was no pet in my room?!?! Maybe I bought that night's beer?Thankfully, I will be getting my money back through my bank's fraud and unauthorized transaction protection. Spare yourself the trouble, go to Shilo Inn!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Mary H

Reviewed 13 August 2011

New owners at the South Jetty Inn/Hammond Oregon. We came here to fish for two days at Buoy 10/Astoria. The new owners are fantastic! Very accommodating - friendly - clean rooms - great bon fire pit..... We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank durandorcas
Reviewed 1 May 2011

I'm currently writing this review from their "1 bar" wireless signal, albeit free, but it damn well should be!

At $100 a night, this place is not something I could recommend to the would-be traveler. It's noisy as well; I think I woke up every time a vehicle came or went, and there doesn't seem to be enough insulation between the floors or ceilings to keep out much noise at all. I could nearly understand the conversation transpiring above and aside me.

Also a note on "nearly remodeled" ... which our room claimed to be - ALL the lightswitches and electrical outlets appear to still be circa 1970; in fact the fan in the bathroom required me to manipulate the switch so that it was stuck on in order to maintain operation. The fan itself was also ancient; A/V accommodations are fine if you have 20/20 vision (i.e. small tv's) ... microwave also broken. Looked like someone jammed the door button.

As for kudos, there are few outside of the fact that it was among few places with a vacancy and right next to Bouy9. Which is worth a look btw! Bouy9 had exceptional service and a great home-town atmosphere. Suprisingly good French dip and chowder as well. I'll give South Jetty one point, it had high water pressure! That's all I got...

Room Tip: Avoid the floor level at all cost.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2011

This is a cute Inn with a uniquely rustic look. The service was good, the rooms were clean, and good location. We were pleased with our experience and definitely will return next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2011

This place is a dump. They may have newly remodeled rooms, but my son and I sure
didn't get one. Dead insects, filthy carpet, dirty bathroom.I guess the people staying above us had hardwood floors, so at 6:30 am awakened to them walking on the floors with what sounded like tap shoes.
For all this I was charged $100. Even though they knew I was disgusted with my stay they still eagerly took my money with no apologies or rate reduction.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Kmaef
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hammond
7.1 km away
Astoria Crest Motel
#6 of 14 in Astoria
11.3 km away
Comfort Suites Columbia River

Been to The South Jetty Inn? Share your experiences!