“Big portions, friendly staff but nothing outstanding”

McCrae's Country Cafe
Ranked #29 of 200 Restaurants in Gresham
Reviewed 13 October 2017

I've been to McCrae's several times. Why? I work at night and it's convenient and open very early when other places are not. The staff has always been 5 stars! Food is delivered in a timely manner but I'm always there when they first open. Have no idea what it's like during their peak time. The food isn't awful just typical massive servings without much uniqueness or flavor. I have tried their biscuits and gravy, pork chop, steak and bacon options. It's pretty certain you wont leave hungry! Good option for a local small business versus the Shari's franchise.

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

Warm welcome. Hearty dishes. Reasonable prices. Omelets galore. Glasses refilled regularly. Family enjoys hearing out of town guests reason for selecting their place.

Reviewed 14 October 2016

I have eaten all over East County over the years having grown up here and McCrea's is by far the best ever. They serve great home cooked breakfasts and lunch. My wife and I eat here very weekend. They know us by name. It's a whole family (Dad, Mom, & Adult kids) that work there. They are awesome, so cute, and they work so well together. The food is fantastic and the service can't be matched. By the way, the servings are HUGE!

Reviewed 9 October 2016

...but dang their prices are astronomical for having such mediocre fare. We ordered the family style chicken fried steak for $16, one crappy coffee for $2.75 and one extra plate for $1. It was great to see my hubbles face when the chicken fried steak was placed in front of him, but it wasn't the best he'd ever had which kind of popped the impressed bubble. The most disappointing part was the barely browned hash browns and the portion size had been cut in half since my last visit. Sad because I fondly remember that meal. We won't be back...just not worth it for the shock value.

1  Thank TraveLand
Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

If you are really hungry and want a hearty breakfast or lunch, come to McCrae's. The food is good and plentiful. It's a family owned business and you feel like part of the family. The staff is friendly too.

1  Thank Susan S