“Huge and tasty sandwiches”
Review of Trufflehunter

Trufflehunter
Ranked #4 of 200 Restaurants in Gresham
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 December 2017

My wife and I stopped here for lunch after a recent shopping trip. We both ordered sandwiches which is their specialty here. The sandwiches come on fresh baked bread and are gigantic. We could have easily split one since we both were really full after eating just half. My wife got the turkey and cream cheese with cranberry and I got roast beef and cheddar, both were really good. The place is charming and the service is good.

1  Thank Brian K

Reviewed 21 December 2017

My favorite is the mushroom soup & the Reuben sandwich. Half a sandwich is more than enough for me, they are huge!!! Sometimes a bit slow but if I want fast food I'll head for a different place. Homemade bread too.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Truffle Hunter is a great dining experience if you're looking for something out of the ordinary. The restaurant is located inside of a large old home and has been converted into a series of dining rooms and also a long enclosed veranda area.

Practically everything (if not everything) on the menu is made from scratch. Nothing quite beats homemade bread... except maybe a homemade sandwich... as big as your head. Seriously, half a sandwich will fill you... but with enough practice you might be able to eat a whole one. Typically I'll eat half for lunch and the other half for dinner.

I don't know about you, but old fashioned cooking is the next best thing to going home.
Fresh ingredients, large portions, everything made from scratch... and don't forget the pie. By the way... the pie crust is made fresh from scratch too. You can definitely taste the difference. :-)

Reviewed 2 October 2017

I've been here many times and am never disappointed. The sandwiches are huge and you should always take half home and save room for dessert! My two favorites are the open faced roast beef and the Monte Cristo.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Home made bread sliced thick - can it get any better! The stuffed French toast is to die for. You can not go wrong with anything on the menu.